Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally getting around to tossing these things in the trash. Damn things hold rocks and groove the shit out of my wheels.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
They also keep the rocks from wedging behind the caliper and punching a hole in the rim.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I saw mine were grooved while changing oil today. Will dig in some more tomorrow and see if I should yank them off .

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
What about cutting them shorter so there still there not just so close to the wheel

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I posted that exact thing a couple months back. They are worthless and need to be taken out. A couple things you have to remember about guards, boots and deflectors is the majority of the time what they keep out they also keep in.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Mine were trashed after the first ride. Too late for my rims though.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
What about cutting them shorter so there still there not just so close to the wheel

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2
Hmmmm. Think I'll look into that tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Iv'e got the Same problem with the grooves in mine with only 2 trip and 250 miles. Called Can AM and complaned got a referance # To take to the dealer but not luck on replacing the rims. Total Bull Crap. If every one complanes to Can AM they might do a recall to replace the rims.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Maybe 14" WHEELS ???

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Checked it out today and my wheels were scraped but not gouged by any means. As far as the scrapers go, after looking it over, I didn't see any major drawbacks to just removing them. I don't think any rocks are going to get in there and take out the caliper or disk or anything else so I just pulled them off and I'm done with 'em. Time to go ride.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
If the caliper was like the xp and was on the rear I wouldnt take them off. But as seeing maybe can am was smart enough to put the calipers on the front half, I dont see why you couldnt just take them off. Last week my buddy punched a hole on the inside of his brand new rim on his xp. The rock wedged behind the caliper and blamo, hole.

·
Registered
728 Posts
My scrapers, on the rear are plastic. Didn't see anything on the front but didn't take wheel off.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Theres nothing on the front wheels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts