Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just some clips from getting into some pretty good mud on a trip yesterday into Wisconsin. My Maverick came through fine, the one that got way way deep had severe clutch problems shortly after. He'd just had the recalls done 2 days prior, so we suspect that the gasket is pinched or missing and crap got in the clutch. But great trails, people, and time.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
very cool….how long did it take to get it all cleaned up afterwards!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL, I was lazy and sent it to be detailed. He had it a day and it's still dirty. The guy that went deep deep had to replace his clutch. He ended up breaking down hardcore and found his clutch case was packed with mud. I don't know if his intake got too deep (not sure where it is) or if the dealer didn't put the gasket on correctly and there was a gap for seepage. He just bought a new primary off ebay for $100 that was never used and put it on.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
LOL, I was lazy and sent it to be detailed. He had it a day and it's still dirty. The guy that went deep deep had to replace his clutch. He ended up breaking down hardcore and found his clutch case was packed with mud. I don't know if his intake got too deep (not sure where it is) or if the dealer didn't put the gasket on correctly and there was a gap for seepage. He just bought a new primary off ebay for $100 that was never used and put it on.
The stock CVT intake is behind the black panel at the base of the roll cage on the drivers side. The air intake is in the passenger footwell almost behind the left corner of the glovebox. The clutch shouldn't have been total garbage but getting a new takeoff for $100 was a great deal….

1 - 6 of 6 Posts