Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As title says, I can reflash your stock ecu to race trim, it will include;

raise rev limit to 8500 or 9500RPM
Low range limit 8500 or 9500RPM
No speed limit in low range
No speed limit in high range
No torque limit on acceleration ( halfshaft saver removed)
Race start (Throttle opening while cranking allowed)
FAN activation at 167°F (75°C)
Engine and air temperature limp limit raised (limp home at 248°F (120°C) only)
no vehicle speed limit
100% throttle in low range, no need for sport low mod, & gear position on display reads correctly.
Allow gas & brake at the same time
Crank in gear
Delete automatic Oxygen sensor tuning, and related error codes
Right now, I have lotsa tunes, 8500RPM rev limit, or 9500RPM rev limit, plus a coupled different turbo tunes, for boosted setups.

This will cost $450. to reflash your stock ecu to MRRPM race specs.
I can change timing, fuel, and have different rev limit, if desired, for $50. more
The ecu can be reflashed back to stock if necessary.

Ask any questions in this thread you need

·
Registered
528 Posts
As title says, I can reflash your stock ecu to race trim, it will include;

raise rev limit to 8500rpms
Low range limit 8500 RPM
No speed limit in low range
No torque limit on acceleration ( halfshaft saver removed)
Race start (Throttle opening while cranking allowed)
FAN activation at 75°C
Engine and air temperature limp limit raised ( limp home at 120°C only)
no vehicle speed limit

This will cost $500. to reflash your stock ecu to MRRPM race specs.
I can change timing, fuel, and have different rev limit, if desired, for $150. more
The ecu can be reflashed back to stock if necessary.

Ask any questions in this thread you need
Seems to have the same parameters as the BRP "Gizmo" which isn't available to the general public... good for those folks who dont get factory support.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Will this give full control of the throttle for Performance mods such as Big Bore kits, Cams, etc? What would the main differences between this re-flash and a replacement ECU? Adjustability by the end user would be one of the big differences I presume.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will this give full control of the throttle for Performance mods such as Big Bore kits, Cams, etc? What would the main differences between this re-flash and a replacement ECU? Adjustability by the end user would be one of the big differences I presume.
This will make the throttle act as if it's cable controlled, only time it closes is when the rev limiter closes it, not the shaft saver.

Yes, a full ecu gives total adjust-ability to end user, this does not. This is good for someone that is happy with stock performance of the engine, but doesn't like the stock throttle & rpm limiters kicking in. Although, I can change all fuel, timing & injector parameters, it's about a shot in the dark to try & tune like aftermarket ecu's can.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have cores for those that want a "basic" ECM for fast delivery with a core charge of coarse?
I could order some, seems like they are around a grand, though. May be the way to go for some, less downtime, but would require a large inventory investment on my part.

·
Registered
60 Posts
if i ordered a big bore kit, could i send you my ECU and have it flashed with a tune for that specific big bore kit, and say a larger TB?

This will make the throttle act as if it's cable controlled, only time it closes is when the rev limiter closes it, not the shaft saver.

Yes, a full ecu gives total adjust-ability to end user, this does not. This is good for someone that is happy with stock performance of the engine, but doesn't like the stock throttle & rpm limiters kicking in. Although, I can change all fuel, timing & injector parameters, it's about a shot in the dark to try & tune like aftermarket ecu's can.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
If the stock speed is 74 mph, what will the speed be at 8500 RPM? And can I expect the same engine reliability and longevity at this higher RPM?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
And are the stock valve springs suitable for this RPM? I do a lot of high-speed running and would like to keep the reliability in place.

·
Registered
207 Posts
What kind of HP increase are you seeing on the dyno spinning up to 8500?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if i ordered a big bore kit, could i send you my ECU and have it flashed with a tune for that specific big bore kit, and say a larger TB?
No, all BBK's require tuning for the machine, wouldn't even try & make a map close enuf. You can, however, tune as normal with a Fuel Monster, or any other tuner, with no dbw limiters at all.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Top speed will be dictated by the machine's power, & drag, with this ecu mod, not the speed limiter or rev limiter, as it is stock.

Reliability will be a question for the clutch, as I see stock, or other cast clutches coming apart at sustained rpm levels, not the engine.

Power comes from the hardware in the engine, not the ecu. So for more power, you'll need more parts, this is where I come in.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
This is great. I'm clutched so close to 8k that i tag the rev limiter every now and again and i can feel it cutting the power. I know Stuart is clutched at 8200 and he feels its better, I might do the same.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Great work. Great option for guys that can't spend the big money for the monster set up.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is great. I'm clutched so close to 8k that i tag the rev limiter every now and again and i can feel it cutting the power. I know Stuart is clutched at 8200 and he feels its better, I might do the same.
Why don't you bring your machine over here, we can reflash your stock ecu, or install a new ecu, the Tunemonster? I PMed you a while back

1 - 20 of 418 Posts