Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I have not.....still pondering what I want to do....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi
what size are the ports on the oil filter adapter with 3 ports 3/8npt or 1/2npt?

Thanks for the feedback....I guess my question was/is this: Using only the spin on adapter (the one on left side of picture) you get a slight rub on the plastic. So obviously you can't use the spin on adapter that has 2 or 3 additional ports (the one on the right side of the picture) for oil cooler and/or temp gauge on the Maverick. If you want an oil cooler you would have to get the remote filter adapter (the 2 pieces in the center of the picture) as well as an oil cooler and all of the necessary hoses etc....does this sound correct?

·
Registered
139 Posts
What size hose are you using with oil filter adapter with 3 ports on the Maverick turbo? Isn't 1/4 npt fitting small?
I ordered a filter adapter from MrRpm but it hasn't arrived yet that's why I'm asking.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I use #6 hose, the ID of #6 is larger than any port in the motor, so not restrictive at all. 1/4" NPT is fine, ID is same size as #6 fittings.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I use #6 hose, the ID of #6 is larger than any port in the motor, so not restrictive at all. 1/4" NPT is fine, ID is same size as #6 fittings.
One more question, the adapter with 3 ports will fit the Maverick turbo with no issues right??

·
Registered
139 Posts
I don't think so, you'll need to use the remote filter setup, as the filter sticks out too far, & will hit the plastic.
I wish I was told that when I ordered it the person I talk to knew it was for a dsx turbo he could of told me that it wouldn't fit!!. Now I'm stuck with shipping costs to Canada, custom fees and shipping back. Arrrrrr

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I wish I was told that when I ordered it the person I talk to knew it was for a dsx turbo he could of told me that it wouldn't fit!!. Now I'm stuck with shipping costs to Canada, custom fees and shipping back. Arrrrrr
All these filter adapters are for custom setups, lotsa guys have used that particular one, but used them for racing, and plastic didn't matter, to them. We don't tell people how to do their setups, on their machines, all the adapters will fit the motor, but plastic clearance is on the installer, some care about it, some don't.
The whole reason guys want the adapter in the first place is so they can change oil, without removing the plastics, having this type of adapter defeats this purpose. If it was me, I would install the 2 port adapter, and mount the filter somewhere I can get to it, without removing plastic.

·
Registered
139 Posts
All these filter adapters are for custom setups, lotsa guys have used that particular one, but used them for racing, and plastic didn't matter, to them. We don't tell people how to do their setups, on their machines, all the adapters will fit the motor, but plastic clearance is on the installer, some care about it, some don't.
The whole reason guys want the adapter in the first place is so they can change oil, without removing the plastics, having this type of adapter defeats this purpose. If it was me, I would install the 2 port adapter, and mount the filter somewhere I can get to it, without removing plastic.
Well then I will be sending it back and getting the other one, like I said before if I was told about the clearance issues I would of got the other set up.

121 - 135 of 135 Posts