Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I like MiMav's idea on putting it in the empty space in front of the passenger firewall especially if you get some of the aftermarket inner wheel well panels that are vented. It should really help out with cooling the oil.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
If I were going to get the adapter, I would relocate the oil filter and add a oil cooler at the same time.
This is the original idea, we just figured out that the filter could be mounted on the adapter, saving space for some, and allowing options for those that wanted them.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
couple questions for you....

1. So it looks like if you get the adapter that has no ports on it for a cooler (one on the left) that you will not have any issues with it rubbing the interior panel since it is a good 1 1/2" - 2" shorter...correct?
2. I am guessing the remote filter adapter set comes with the 2 pieces in the middle...correct?
3. If I wanted to buy the adapter with the 3 ports but didn't want to install a cooler right away, would you just plug the ports or do you need to run a hose from the inlet to the outlet port and plug the temp sensor port?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
couple questions for you....

1. So it looks like if you get the adapter that has no ports on it for a cooler (one on the left) that you will not have any issues with it rubbing the interior panel since it is a good 1 1/2" - 2" shorter...correct?
2. I am guessing the remote filter adapter set comes with the 2 pieces in the middle...correct?
3. If I wanted to buy the adapter with the 3 ports but didn't want to install a cooler right away, would you just plug the ports or do you need to run a hose from the inlet to the outlet port and plug the temp sensor port?
1. I don't know exactly, never tried it on the Mav. These were developed years ago for the quads. Most guys do the remote mount, & oil cooler setup, then it's not a problem at all.
2.Yes, both pieces come with it, hence the $150. price. I'll sell them separately though, if someone wants them.
3.You must run a hose in a loop, if you were to block them, you wouldn't have any oil pressure.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thank you sir.....I will need to figure out which route I want to go...

For those of you who do all ready have one of his adapters, which one are you running (adapter with no ports or one with 2 or 3 ports) and does it rub?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had one of these adapters on my rotaxed rhino and relocated the filter under the hood for better access for oil changes. Quality part, and if I end up getting a maverick I would buy another.

Sent from my iPhone 5

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Heavy I just have the standerd spin on adapter, seen at the beginning of this thread. I works awesomely it does very little Im not to worried bout that. as for running an oil cooler. I would only add an oil cooler if you are doing alot of slow riding where air flow is minimal threw the egine conpartment.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Remote filter & cooler will most likely be one of my upgrades after this season

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Heavy I just have the standerd spin on adapter, seen at the beginning of this thread. I works awesomely it does very little Im not to worried bout that. as for running an oil cooler. I would only add an oil cooler if you are doing alot of slow riding where air flow is minimal threw the egine conpartment.
Thanks for the feedback....I guess my question was/is this: Using only the spin on adapter (the one on left side of picture) you get a slight rub on the plastic. So obviously you can't use the spin on adapter that has 2 or 3 additional ports (the one on the right side of the picture) for oil cooler and/or temp gauge on the Maverick. If you want an oil cooler you would have to get the remote filter adapter (the 2 pieces in the center of the picture) as well as an oil cooler and all of the necessary hoses etc....does this sound correct?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I believe you are correct. The one with the ports for the oil lines would stick out too far into the plastics. So the correct set up to use on a maverick with an oil cooler would be the 2 pieces in the center of the picture.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I believe you are correct. The one with the ports for the oil lines would stick out too far into the plastics. So the correct set up to use on a maverick with an oil cooler would be the 2 pieces in the center of the picture.
Yes, the two center pieces in the center is what I will recommend.
Run your oil cooler, and/or filter wherever you need/want it.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yes, the two center pieces in the center is what I will recommend.
Run your oil cooler, and/or filter wherever you need/want it.
Thanks guys....sorry for making this more difficult than it really is......I guess I am just slow sometimes. I just wanted to make sure the adapter with the spin on filter and additional ports wasn't the one that rubbed on the plastics slightly. If that was the case, I would have gotten that one but since it is confirmed this would require cutting a big hole in the plastic, I will get the remote adapter setup.

Reactions: Henry427

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I think it will also require the use of 90* fitting coming out from the adapter plate. If you use straight fittings and curl the line, I think it will kink because it too tight. So, its better to use 90* fittings.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yea, I was looking at either 90' or 45' fittings just for that reason...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
That's a good question because the fittings will most likely be the restriction in the system but the larger I.D. of the 1/2" will provide a little bit more total volume....but probably not enough to make a difference. It will probably depend on what remote cooler I end up getting....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
101 - 120 of 135 Posts