Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
This is the question im referring to. . . .
I don't understand why you are making such a big deal out of this post. The question he had was 100% legit and you would not have found it in the manual. If you are looking at this and have never seen one it would appear that the white cap could hold the stock filter. It's pretty simple. I think you should let this one go dude.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
looking at the picture of the adapter sitting on the bench, I could see where you might think you would re-install it as a secondary filtration. It's not like he asked where the batteries went or anything??? Yea, I think your grasping on this one and if this is the best you can come up with to discredit him, I think you have done more disservice to yourself.

Reactions: Glamisfan

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I don't understand why you are making such a big deal out of this post. The question he had was 100% legit and you would not have found it in the manual. If you are looking at this and have never seen one it would appear that the white cap could hold the stock filter. It's pretty simple. I think you should let this one go dude.
Exactly. After reading the whole conversation again and considering my post in #8, it seems like a fair question considering there was no picture showing the stock oil filter. :crazy:

Reactions: Glamisfan

·
Registered
548 Posts
I called up, ordered my adapter with a 2 min phone call, and it showed up in less than a week. Quality part, quality craftsmanship, easy to install and it came with a filter and some sweet mrrpm stickers. I'd recommend it to everyone. If you ask me, it's like a sore dink... you just can't beat it!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I read several posts that this adapter rubs against the passenger side plastic panel. Is this really an issue to be concerned about? The pics I saw definitely looks line it comes very close if not touching.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
it doesn't rub enough to be concerned with....you are replacing the filter every so often so it is not a concern. You can put some padding on the interior of the panel if you are worried about it rubbing enough to eventually rub a hole thru but don't think that would happen.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You guys can sugar coat it as much as you want, and you can defend his stupidity as much as you want, anybody with any motorcycle experience knows the filters are internal. And yes it is in the owners manual. . . .are you kidding me. . . . the point is he would be one of the first to say, its in the manual. . . . .i've seen it over and over again. . . . .

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
"anybody with any motorcycle experience knows the filters are internal"

I guess you have never seen a filter on a Raptor then.
or a Teryx

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
You guys can sugar coat it as much as you want, and you can defend his stupidity as much as you want, anybody with any motorcycle experience knows the filters are internal. And yes it is in the owners manual. . . .are you kidding me. . . . the point is he would be one of the first to say, its in the manual. . . . .i've seen it over and over again. . . . .
The issue here is......desertdog is an established member of this forum. He has provided countless amounts of valuable information on this forum to people like me and you. Sure he has ribbed some folks but what he has contributed far outweighs what little bit of ribbing he has dished out. So he has an established reputation to most of the members that frequent the forum regularly. You started out on the forum great by providing a nice how to on your use of the exhaust clamps. You got some people who thought it was awesome and some who didn't. The issue was when people responded negatively, you took it personal and then waged war on them for their comments.

I think if everyone just said it was great even if they didn't like it, it would be doing you and the rest of us a dis-service because that is half the fun in owning these toys is how custom we can make them and not everyone is gonna have the same taste. I have posted several how-to posts and got both good and bad feedback. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and is entitled to voice it. If it bothers you when someone puts down the work you did, you need to tell yourself that it really doesn't matter what others think as long as you like it. If you can't do that, than I would highly suggest you don't post things that put you in a position to have this happen.

Again, I don't want to discourage you from posting good information on the forum, but you need to have "thick skin" so to speak because you will never please everyone.....so please take this to heart and seriously consider what I am saying and it will help you in the long run.

Hell.....you and desertdog are basically neighbors.....why don't you guys hook up and go enjoy what you both have in common. You might actually like the man behind the curtain if you got to know him in person. A lot of these guys on here know each other personally. We may not know that and see how harsh they are being with each other when it is just friends messing with each other so we base our opinions on this and thin they are just A holes when they are just goofing around.

·
Registered
713 Posts
/research

Is It The World?s Finest Reusable Motorcycle Oil Filter? at Cyril Huze Post ? Custom Motorcycle News

I had one of these on my harley, best oil filter ever. The point is his question was and is legit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The issue here is......desertdog is an established member of this forum. He has provided countless amounts of valuable information on this forum to people like me and you. Sure he has ribbed some folks but what he has contributed far outweighs what little bit of ribbing he has dished out. So he has an established reputation to most of the members that frequent the forum regularly. You started out on the forum great by providing a nice how to on your use of the exhaust clamps. You got some people who thought it was awesome and some who didn't. The issue was when people responded negatively, you took it personal and then waged war on them for their comments.

I think if everyone just said it was great even if they didn't like it, it would be doing you and the rest of us a dis-service because that is half the fun in owning these toys is how custom we can make them and not everyone is gonna have the same taste. I have posted several how-to posts and got both good and bad feedback. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and is entitled to voice it. If it bothers you when someone puts down the work you did, you need to tell yourself that it really doesn't matter what others think as long as you like it. If you can't do that, than I would highly suggest you don't post things that put you in a position to have this happen.

Again, I don't want to discourage you from posting good information on the forum, but you need to have "thick skin" so to speak because you will never please everyone.....so please take this to heart and seriously consider what I am saying and it will help you in the long run.

Hell.....you and desertdog are basically neighbors.....why don't you guys hook up and go enjoy what you both have in common. You might actually like the man behind the curtain if you got to know him in person. A lot of these guys on here know each other personally. We may not know that and see how harsh they are being with each other when it is just friends messing with each other so we base our opinions on this and thin they are just A holes when they are just goofing around.
I understand you cant please everybody, What turned me against him was, When he first seen my thread, he thought it was pretty creative, pretty ingenious, much like you did, and I really appreciated that, it did mean alot. Then Mega came on and started bashing it, which is fine, and I responded well heavysledz and desertdog liked it. Instead of sticking to what he said about it being creative and ingenious and backing me up a little bit, he comes back with, I would never put that on my ride, and took megas side all of a sudden trying to save face with him. . . .Thats what I felt was B.S.. . . . .All through andys thread about mega my arguement was against bullying, and how its not right, Not to give snobbish answers like check the manual, or its on another thread, Not to ridicule new people for basic questions, cause they just want to participate, and I have seen multiple threads where desertdog tells them check the manual, or do a search, and its not right, thats why I pressed the issue with the oil filter. At the end the moderators came in and took a stand against bullying the new members. I guess I wasnt so wrong after all. I'm ready to let bigons be bigons and start all over again if he is.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
BMOC, Lets clear the air a little. I did say I thought your idea was creative and I still think it is BUT that doesnt mean I would do that kind of install on my ride. Sorry about hurting your feelings with that but like heavysledz said we cant please everyone. Look, some guys like fat girls and some guys like skinny girls. To eaches own. It's what is best for you, it's not about SIDES!!!! This is not an elementary school yard where we are picking teams. So do your mods on your vehicle the way you like and dont worry about people that dont like it.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Wait a minute wait a minute bowel movement OC! That's the effing post that you have a problem with! You have to be the stupidest moron on this forum! Desertdog did not know that this doesn't have a spin on oil filter. Man you're making yourself look so stupid here! Moderators, moderators, can we get a ban on this guy because of his stupidity?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I understand you cant please everybody, What turned me against him was, When he first seen my thread, he thought it was pretty creative, pretty ingenious, much like you did, and I really appreciated that, it did mean alot. Then Mega came on and started bashing it, which is fine, and I responded well heavysledz and desertdog liked it. Instead of sticking to what he said about it being creative and ingenious and backing me up a little bit, he comes back with, I would never put that on my ride, and took megas side all of a sudden trying to save face with him. . . .Thats what I felt was B.S.. . . . .All through andys thread about mega my arguement was against bullying, and how its not right, Not to give snobbish answers like check the manual, or its on another thread, Not to ridicule new people for basic questions, cause they just want to participate, and I have seen multiple threads where desertdog tells them check the manual, or do a search, and its not right, thats why I pressed the issue with the oil filter. At the end the moderators came in and took a stand against bullying the new members. I guess I wasnt so wrong after all. I'm ready to let bigons be bigons and start all over again if he is.
To see you write this, but also call desertdog stupid over and over makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with you!? And by the way, your six pack rack, I thought you posted it as a joke because I really laughed out loud at it!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Wait a minute wait a minute bowel movement OC! That's the effing post that you have a problem with! You have to be the stupidest moron on this forum! Desertdog did not know that this doesn't have a spin on oil filter. Man you're making yourself look so stupid here! Moderators, moderators, can we get a ban on this guy because of his stupidity?
just when we were making progress......we almost got a group hug out of this!

Seriously, they both said their peace and I think they are ready to let it go if everyone else will as well.....

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
who makes the best sheave for my 660 rhino ?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
just when we were making progress......we almost got a group hug out of this!.....
I wouldn't go that far!
Sometimes its better to let children cry themsleves to sleep.

21 - 40 of 135 Posts