Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Thanks!

We also make the adapters that allow the filter to be remote mounted, along with oil temp ports, & oil cooler outs.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The Baldwin filter is the best we've found, it doesn't have a bypass valve to get dirty/muddy oil to get go your bearings, if sunk.

Yes, we offer a full remote mount filter setup that allows the same filter to be mounted anywhere, as someone has already said, it's on the website.

Like the site says, always put the rubber gasket off the stock filter, both inner & outer, to make sure it doesn't leak.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Is there someone that sells the remote kit with everything needed to install it on a Maverick?
I don't, reason is, there are so many ways to go, plus everyone wants theirs a little different.
Nothing to it really, just but the adapter, whichever one you want/need, then plumb it up, with whatever type of hoses you like. Prolly a million ways to do one.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Sorry, this is a repost but don't want Mrrpm to miss this.
Yes, remote mounting will reduce pressure some, depending on the hose length, longer hoses,= less pressure.
Usually, you can mount it really close, & pressure won't go down, hardly any. Everything is like this, cars, trucks, etc.
Obviously, longer hoses will make the oil changes less of an oil change, because of oil in the lines, that you can't get out, short of removing the hoses. So, bottom line, keep the hoses as close & short as you can.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Most guys with an adapter, use the style that relocates the filter elsewhere, that way, you can put it wherever you want. No plastic rubbing issues at all, provided nothing hits the filter, of course.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
If I were going to get the adapter, I would relocate the oil filter and add a oil cooler at the same time.
This is the original idea, we just figured out that the filter could be mounted on the adapter, saving space for some, and allowing options for those that wanted them.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
couple questions for you....

1. So it looks like if you get the adapter that has no ports on it for a cooler (one on the left) that you will not have any issues with it rubbing the interior panel since it is a good 1 1/2" - 2" shorter...correct?
2. I am guessing the remote filter adapter set comes with the 2 pieces in the middle...correct?
3. If I wanted to buy the adapter with the 3 ports but didn't want to install a cooler right away, would you just plug the ports or do you need to run a hose from the inlet to the outlet port and plug the temp sensor port?
1. I don't know exactly, never tried it on the Mav. These were developed years ago for the quads. Most guys do the remote mount, & oil cooler setup, then it's not a problem at all.
2.Yes, both pieces come with it, hence the $150. price. I'll sell them separately though, if someone wants them.
3.You must run a hose in a loop, if you were to block them, you wouldn't have any oil pressure.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I believe you are correct. The one with the ports for the oil lines would stick out too far into the plastics. So the correct set up to use on a maverick with an oil cooler would be the 2 pieces in the center of the picture.
Yes, the two center pieces in the center is what I will recommend.
Run your oil cooler, and/or filter wherever you need/want it.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I use #6 hose, the ID of #6 is larger than any port in the motor, so not restrictive at all. 1/4" NPT is fine, ID is same size as #6 fittings.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I wish I was told that when I ordered it the person I talk to knew it was for a dsx turbo he could of told me that it wouldn't fit!!. Now I'm stuck with shipping costs to Canada, custom fees and shipping back. Arrrrrr
All these filter adapters are for custom setups, lotsa guys have used that particular one, but used them for racing, and plastic didn't matter, to them. We don't tell people how to do their setups, on their machines, all the adapters will fit the motor, but plastic clearance is on the installer, some care about it, some don't.
The whole reason guys want the adapter in the first place is so they can change oil, without removing the plastics, having this type of adapter defeats this purpose. If it was me, I would install the 2 port adapter, and mount the filter somewhere I can get to it, without removing plastic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts