Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
looking at the picture of the adapter sitting on the bench, I could see where you might think you would re-install it as a secondary filtration. It's not like he asked where the batteries went or anything??? Yea, I think your grasping on this one and if this is the best you can come up with to discredit him, I think you have done more disservice to yourself.

Reactions: Glamisfan

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
it doesn't rub enough to be concerned with....you are replacing the filter every so often so it is not a concern. You can put some padding on the interior of the panel if you are worried about it rubbing enough to eventually rub a hole thru but don't think that would happen.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
You guys can sugar coat it as much as you want, and you can defend his stupidity as much as you want, anybody with any motorcycle experience knows the filters are internal. And yes it is in the owners manual. . . .are you kidding me. . . . the point is he would be one of the first to say, its in the manual. . . . .i've seen it over and over again. . . . .
The issue here is......desertdog is an established member of this forum. He has provided countless amounts of valuable information on this forum to people like me and you. Sure he has ribbed some folks but what he has contributed far outweighs what little bit of ribbing he has dished out. So he has an established reputation to most of the members that frequent the forum regularly. You started out on the forum great by providing a nice how to on your use of the exhaust clamps. You got some people who thought it was awesome and some who didn't. The issue was when people responded negatively, you took it personal and then waged war on them for their comments.

I think if everyone just said it was great even if they didn't like it, it would be doing you and the rest of us a dis-service because that is half the fun in owning these toys is how custom we can make them and not everyone is gonna have the same taste. I have posted several how-to posts and got both good and bad feedback. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and is entitled to voice it. If it bothers you when someone puts down the work you did, you need to tell yourself that it really doesn't matter what others think as long as you like it. If you can't do that, than I would highly suggest you don't post things that put you in a position to have this happen.

Again, I don't want to discourage you from posting good information on the forum, but you need to have "thick skin" so to speak because you will never please everyone.....so please take this to heart and seriously consider what I am saying and it will help you in the long run.

Hell.....you and desertdog are basically neighbors.....why don't you guys hook up and go enjoy what you both have in common. You might actually like the man behind the curtain if you got to know him in person. A lot of these guys on here know each other personally. We may not know that and see how harsh they are being with each other when it is just friends messing with each other so we base our opinions on this and thin they are just A holes when they are just goofing around.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Wait a minute wait a minute bowel movement OC! That's the effing post that you have a problem with! You have to be the stupidest moron on this forum! Desertdog did not know that this doesn't have a spin on oil filter. Man you're making yourself look so stupid here! Moderators, moderators, can we get a ban on this guy because of his stupidity?
just when we were making progress......we almost got a group hug out of this!

Seriously, they both said their peace and I think they are ready to let it go if everyone else will as well.....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I wouldn't go that far!
Sometimes its better to let children cry themsleves to sleep.
I like how we settled arguments in the USMC.....2 men entered the broom closet (or any other small room with little to no light) and the door would shut and nobody was allowed out until it go resolved one way or the other. Once the door opened, it was over and everyone moved on with their business.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
As an athlete & wrestler, I'm fully confident in that environment.
using a shake weight and watching a Jane Fonda workout video doesn't make you an athlete :shocked:

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Haha.....figured you would like that.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Dude that was LOL funny!!!
Hey wait a minute, your making fun of me. I'm going tell the moderator to ban you if your not going to be nice to me. JK
Nice big boy comedy!
Funny how that works huh....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
So much for my Thread being helpfull....................... :disappointed:
sorry man....I will refrain from adding any further comments here......not much more than can be said.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
After Thanksgiving weekend i did my usual end of trip shake down, and discoverd the filter is rubbing against the plastics. No substantial dammage was done to the filter or plastics. just rubbed the paint off. quick fix, i glued a peace of tire tube to the plastics.
I was planning on getting this as well when I do my next oil change.....I was gonna put some Teflon tape on the filter or plastics to make it a bit less likely to rub or at least a sacrificial layer of tape to wear instaed of the plastics.....
AHHHH man, I just knew you were a buttkisser too. :haha:
sorry I just couldnt resist that one.

Now we can go back on topic!
Naaa.....just feel bad for totally derailing this informative thread over this nonsense.....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Any late Cyber deals for us guys on the fence about getting this :in love:

Most guys with an adapter, use the style that relocates the filter elsewhere, that way, you can put it wherever you want. No plastic rubbing issues at all, provided nothing hits the filter, of course.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I like MiMav's idea on putting it in the empty space in front of the passenger firewall especially if you get some of the aftermarket inner wheel well panels that are vented. It should really help out with cooling the oil.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
couple questions for you....

1. So it looks like if you get the adapter that has no ports on it for a cooler (one on the left) that you will not have any issues with it rubbing the interior panel since it is a good 1 1/2" - 2" shorter...correct?
2. I am guessing the remote filter adapter set comes with the 2 pieces in the middle...correct?
3. If I wanted to buy the adapter with the 3 ports but didn't want to install a cooler right away, would you just plug the ports or do you need to run a hose from the inlet to the outlet port and plug the temp sensor port?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thank you sir.....I will need to figure out which route I want to go...

For those of you who do all ready have one of his adapters, which one are you running (adapter with no ports or one with 2 or 3 ports) and does it rub?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Heavy I just have the standerd spin on adapter, seen at the beginning of this thread. I works awesomely it does very little Im not to worried bout that. as for running an oil cooler. I would only add an oil cooler if you are doing alot of slow riding where air flow is minimal threw the egine conpartment.
Thanks for the feedback....I guess my question was/is this: Using only the spin on adapter (the one on left side of picture) you get a slight rub on the plastic. So obviously you can't use the spin on adapter that has 2 or 3 additional ports (the one on the right side of the picture) for oil cooler and/or temp gauge on the Maverick. If you want an oil cooler you would have to get the remote filter adapter (the 2 pieces in the center of the picture) as well as an oil cooler and all of the necessary hoses etc....does this sound correct?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yes, the two center pieces in the center is what I will recommend.
Run your oil cooler, and/or filter wherever you need/want it.
Thanks guys....sorry for making this more difficult than it really is......I guess I am just slow sometimes. I just wanted to make sure the adapter with the spin on filter and additional ports wasn't the one that rubbed on the plastics slightly. If that was the case, I would have gotten that one but since it is confirmed this would require cutting a big hole in the plastic, I will get the remote adapter setup.

Reactions: Henry427

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yea, I was looking at either 90' or 45' fittings just for that reason...

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
That's a good question because the fittings will most likely be the restriction in the system but the larger I.D. of the 1/2" will provide a little bit more total volume....but probably not enough to make a difference. It will probably depend on what remote cooler I end up getting....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I have not.....still pondering what I want to do....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts