Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it update everyone on my oil filter adapter, I'm really pleased with the quality of the part. there was a few sharp edges but nothing my deburing tool wouldn't fix. fits in the motor superbly ! and the filter is so much easyer to get on and off. basically all you do is pull the old cap and filter off and put the rubber seals on the adapter and slightly oil and install. torqued the bolts to 7FT/LBS. spun on the filter and BAM ! I have been drivin her 4 times sense install and no leaks . as far as oil capacity it went from 2.3qts to 2.5qts lol but i like how it also acts as a lil oil cooler to. Very pleased ! :big smile: Aluminum can Auto part Tin can Cylinder
Auto part Fuel line Engine Pipe Automotive exhaust
Auto part Fuel line Engine Vehicle Automotive engine part
Auto part Fuel line Engine Automotive fuel system Suspension
Auto part Engine Vehicle Fuel line Automotive engine part

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeah I saw the spin on filter. I have always seen only spin on filters so I didn't realize that the maverick must have an internal filter. So my question was just to confirm that the factory filter is not a spin on type.
yes the factory filter is a cartridge type and itsa pain to change. so this kit alows u to eliminate that cartridge and use a automotive style filter. which i think has a better filter surface area and filtration

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where did you locate the remote filter?
no remote filter. u remove the old cartridge type and insert the adapter and then spin on a automotive style filter like ur car has.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What brand and what part number is the filter? Where do you get them?
i hate to admit but its a car quest filter.. they have a baldwin filter number on ther website under the add. i was in a hurry when i needed the filter so thats why i got a car quest. but ill be running a Fram next time. i love the gripper part on frams.

Reactions: Wweverett

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you think there will be a problem with the plastics touching or rubbing on the filter?
i would think that a pice of rubber glued to the plastic as an isolater against the filter will work fine. i havent noticed such rubbing yet tho.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
So much for my Thread being helpfull....................... :disappointed:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
After Thanksgiving weekend i did my usual end of trip shake down, and discoverd the filter is rubbing against the plastics. No substantial dammage was done to the filter or plastics. just rubbed the paint off. quick fix, i glued a peace of tire tube to the plastics.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Heavy I just have the standerd spin on adapter, seen at the beginning of this thread. I works awesomely it does very little Im not to worried bout that. as for running an oil cooler. I would only add an oil cooler if you are doing alot of slow riding where air flow is minimal threw the egine conpartment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts