Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it update everyone on my oil filter adapter, I'm really pleased with the quality of the part. there was a few sharp edges but nothing my deburing tool wouldn't fix. fits in the motor superbly ! and the filter is so much easyer to get on and off. basically all you do is pull the old cap and filter off and put the rubber seals on the adapter and slightly oil and install. torqued the bolts to 7FT/LBS. spun on the filter and BAM ! I have been drivin her 4 times sense install and no leaks . as far as oil capacity it went from 2.3qts to 2.5qts lol but i like how it also acts as a lil oil cooler to. Very pleased ! :big smile: CAM00352[1].jpg CAM00350[1].jpg CAM00353[1].jpg CAM00354[1].jpg CAM00355[1].jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
I installed mine today beware the plastic does rub the filter so I put a price of rubber in between filter and the plastic as I did mine from underneath, it's a sweet setup as I also put one on my outlander max over a year ago, I'm local to mr rpm his stuff rocks and his big bore kits rock, my outty max is a beast will run right beside a raptor 686 kit with stage 3 cams

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Looks like a much better filter set up vs stock. The stock filter is inside that cap?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Thanks!

We also make the adapters that allow the filter to be remote mounted, along with oil temp ports, & oil cooler outs.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So is the stock filter inside the cap?

·
Registered
292 Posts
So is the stock filter inside the cap?
I don't think it uses the stock oil filter anymore. It allows you to use a spin on oil filter instead.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I don't think it uses the stock oil filter anymore. It allows you to use a spin on oil filter instead.
Yeah I saw the spin on filter. I have always seen only spin on filters so I didn't realize that the maverick must have an internal filter. So my question was just to confirm that the factory filter is not a spin on type.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yeah I saw the spin on filter. I have always seen only spin on filters so I didn't realize that the maverick must have an internal filter. So my question was just to confirm that the factory filter is not a spin on type.
yes the factory filter is a cartridge type and itsa pain to change. so this kit alows u to eliminate that cartridge and use a automotive style filter. which i think has a better filter surface area and filtration

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where did you locate the remote filter?
no remote filter. u remove the old cartridge type and insert the adapter and then spin on a automotive style filter like ur car has.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
no remote filter. u remove the old cartridge type and insert the adapter and then spin on a automotive style filter like ur car has.
Do you think there will be a problem with the plastics touching or rubbing on the filter?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I thought it update everyone on my oil filter adapter, I'm really pleased with the quality of the part. there was a few sharp edges but nothing my deburing tool wouldn't fix. fits in the motor superbly ! and the filter is so much easyer to get on and off. basically all you do is pull the old cap and filter off and put the rubber seals on the adapter and slightly oil and install. torqued the bolts to 7FT/LBS. spun on the filter and BAM ! I have been drivin her 4 times sense install and no leaks . as far as oil capacity it went from 2.3qts to 2.5qts lol but i like how it also acts as a lil oil cooler to. Very pleased ! :big smile: View attachment 3039 View attachment 3038 View attachment 3040 View attachment 3041 View attachment 3042
What brand and what part number is the filter? Where do you get them?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
yes its pretty neat. I got one, make sure you communicate with them WELL, they sent me the wrong item, had to return it, then wait to get it again, pay return shipping and was there fault. its to bad they don't have them listed on a web site or ebay where it can be ordered and added to a cart and paid for online in one easy step instead of calling them. maybe they do now?? if not they should. its hard to get a order right when your talking to other people while taking an order. the filter WILL rub against the plastics in the standard one. it must be addressed or you will rub through your plastics in time. between the heat and friction it will have a issue in time if you use your machine a lot. a heavy piece of thin rubber helps as stated above.

that said, its a great item, no issues on oil flow, its great to be able to spin on/off the filter, such a easier job. It comes with one small oil hole, wish it had 2, but that's just me. I do suggest them, just wish they had online ordering so there is no doubts and put a rubber piece in there and its great. I loved mine, there is my honest opinion on that. I even go as far as saying its maybe one of the top 3 best things to do to your machine.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What brand and what part number is the filter? Where do you get them?
i hate to admit but its a car quest filter.. they have a baldwin filter number on ther website under the add. i was in a hurry when i needed the filter so thats why i got a car quest. but ill be running a Fram next time. i love the gripper part on frams.

Reactions: Wweverett

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you think there will be a problem with the plastics touching or rubbing on the filter?
i would think that a pice of rubber glued to the plastic as an isolater against the filter will work fine. i havent noticed such rubbing yet tho.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Can you order a kit that allows you to remote mount the filter so you dont even need to remove plastics? I use a pella pump to pull oil out. My boat has a filter mount that holds the filter hole up so after you drain oil just spin it off and no mess.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Yes you can get an adapter that allows for remote mount filter. Just go to the RPM website and you will see it.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The Baldwin filter is the best we've found, it doesn't have a bypass valve to get dirty/muddy oil to get go your bearings, if sunk.

Yes, we offer a full remote mount filter setup that allows the same filter to be mounted anywhere, as someone has already said, it's on the website.

Like the site says, always put the rubber gasket off the stock filter, both inner & outer, to make sure it doesn't leak.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
mr rpm, please make a way to order your items online and pay there, simple and easy. no doubts.i would even be willing to pay more for your great items. paypal is quick and easy, or ebay if you dot want to add it. u already have the website, it would take 5 mins to add that ability to it

1 - 20 of 135 Posts