Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MaverickForums.net would like to welcome MrRPM as our newest Supporting Vendor!

Please take a moment to visit their website at the following URL:

MrRPM

·
Registered
853 Posts
Sweet! You guys have always been awesome! I hope you have some answers to help us push some HP out of these great machines. I installed your Oil Filter setup on my Mav and it's awesome.

Welcome aboard.

Dennis

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the vendor's club. I may be ordering your oil filter setup before the season gets here.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Great! Thanks!

I've sold a few of these adapters for Maverick's, but I don't have anything else right now to sell, due to the DBW throttle control/rev limit setup on these. All my parts for the 1000/800 engines physically fit, but their performance is not tested on the Maverick setup, so I won't sell them, knowing they're going in a maverick.

I'm working on an ECU setup for these with other manufacturers, should be available soon. There is one running now, so the firmware is good, along with the CANBUS for the dash. When the ECU hits the market, the sky's the limit then, as far as performance parts go, & I'll be testing them to get something going that'll work and make power on the Maverick.

Of course, as always, all my parts are dyno proven on the dyno first, before they are released.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Sweet. I think a different ECU is the ticket for some added performance without going into the engine

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
awesome cant wait !!!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Is the ECM going to still have the fly by wire setup?
the new rzr is the same way ,

only way to get rid of it is getting cables and custom fitting ends on the throttle bodies , and then I don't think there is a external functioning way to get to the throttle plate

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Glad to have Greg on board.... Enjoyed reading his posts for years.

Thanks! I put it out there, there are some that don't like my style, but it is what it is.
I've been working on motors for over 30yrs, and like to share what I've learned, even if some don't want to hear what the truth is.
It's amazing what some people put out there, some will tell anyone anything to make a sale. I will help with what I think is best for the customer, whether I make a sale or not. I can't even count the times I have cost myself a sale, because I wouldn't recommend one of my products, to someone that thought they needed it. I get calls all the time, people wanting my intake to go on a stock motor. They want to know how much it'll help, they can't believe it when I tell them none at all, it's for large modded motors, and/or nitrous. I just tell them it'll fit and run fine, but the dyno can't tell any difference on a stock motor, but when put on a built motor, large bore, etc, and ported right, it makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Great! Thanks!

I've sold a few of these adapters for Maverick's, but I don't have anything else right now to sell, due to the DBW throttle control/rev limit setup on these. All my parts for the 1000/800 engines physically fit, but their performance is not tested on the Maverick setup, so I won't sell them, knowing they're going in a maverick.

I'm working on an ECU setup for these with other manufacturers, should be available soon. There is one running now, so the firmware is good, along with the CANBUS for the dash. When the ECU hits the market, the sky's the limit then, as far as performance parts go, & I'll be testing them to get something going that'll work and make power on the Maverick.

Of course, as always, all my parts are dyno proven on the dyno first, before they are released.
Welcome. I am glad to hear y'all are going to get the ECU done. I have not touched my motor or exhaust yet and did not plan on it but the new ECU might make it worth while.

Is the new ECU going to work on the Commander's as well?

Where do you feel the most potential for improvement is going to be on the 1000R with an unlocked ECU?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Welcome. I am glad to hear y'all are going to get the ECU done. I have not touched my motor or exhaust yet and did not plan on it but the new ECU might make it worth while.

Is the new ECU going to work on the Commander's as well?

Where do you feel the most potential for improvement is going to be on the 1000R with an unlocked ECU?

Thanks!

We're thinking it'll work with the Commander, since the ecu is the same, just gotta try one & see. Mav is our main focus right now.

It'll make the need for a Powercommander, BRP gizmo, and sport low switch, unneeded, so it'll simplify a good bit, raising rev limit, & holding throttle open until you let off, or hit rev limit. No speed limit, no shaft saver. RPMs is where the power is at, always has been, so raising the RPM limit is paramount.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Why can't we order parts online? Calling is a pita sometimes.

I know, but contrary to popular belief, we're not that big of a company. I'll hafta get with my web guy & see how much trouble it'll be to go that way. Security is a concern of mine too, I don't know exactly how that stuff works.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I know, but contrary to popular belief, we're not that big of a company. I'll hafta get with my web guy & see how much trouble it'll be to go that way. Security is a concern of mine too, I don't know exactly how that stuff works.
Old School ..... I like it.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
throw ur stuff on a revolving ebay store account and post link , super easy and safe !

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
throw ur stuff on a revolving ebay store account and post link , super easy and safe !
Yeah, I thought about that, but to me, ebay is a place to buy junk & I don't want that stigma associated with my stuff. I don't allow my dealers to sell my products there either, if they do, they aren't my dealer for long.

Everybody says ebay fees have went up a lot too, plus scammers just lurk there, waiting on victims.

If/when we get online ordering, we'll still have call in ordering, for everybody that likes old school. The major advantage I see with online ordering, is people that can't get to a phone during our east coast business hours.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I am a mudder I need to spank the 1000xp as ALL my friends n family r gonna ha e them by our next ride what do u offer that I can atleast Hang with em

1 - 20 of 58 Posts