1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Results? Here is what will happen with an ecu reflash:

raise rev limit to 8500rpms
Low range limit 8500 RPM
No speed limit in low range
No torque limit on acceleration ( halfshaft saver removed)
Race start (Throttle opening while cranking allowed)
FAN activation at 167°F (75°C)
Engine and air temperature limp limit raised ( limp home at 248°F (120°C) only)
no vehicle speed limit

By numbers, do you mean dyno numbers?
If so, there won't be any change in power, since power is made by the engine, not the ecu.
This ecu mod will allow more changes to the engine, and not set codes when you do, though.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
So this will delete the limp home mode (map sensor ) when you put a turbo on?
I haven't tried a turbo setup on these, but I am told it is supposed to.
On my supercharged Mav, I run the map sensor in front of the blower, so it's still in vacuum, like stock, no codes.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
have u seen what this does for top speed now on a stock maverick ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Working on Commander motor. Big problem with throttle closing down. If we send ecu will you guarantee the tb will not close down before it hits the limiter?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
791 Posts

Low range limit 8500 RPM
FAN activation at 75°C
Engine and air temperature limp limit raised ( limp home at 120°C only)
no vehicle speed limit

If so, there won't be any change in power, since power is made by the engine, not the ecu.
This ecu mod will allow more changes to the engine, and not set codes when you do, though.
Would you consider doing another dyno chart with the clutch locked up on a stock Mav with the re-flash?

Curious to see the power curve above 8050RPM.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I haven't seen this last post, but yes, I can do that, if I get one in here. Don't get too many SXS's though.
Also, I have a turbo tune now, just for turbos. Simply change the MAP sensor, install larger injectors, & the tuned ecu, and then tune with your favorite fuel controller. It has all the problems taken out, like errors & such. If anyone gets errors they don't want or need, I can take them out, if it's sent back to me.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
So your reflash, change the MAP sensor, 80 lbs injectors and then which fuel controller do you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Dual, of course.
You want both cylinders making the most power they can, so you need each one tuned separately.

·
Registered
791 Posts
You can tune for both cylinders with a turbo? I was told the o2 had too be after the turbo ?

Correct, O2 sensor has to be after the Turbo. Dual Cylinder tune is not needed with forced induction. I believe he is referring to a N/A engine.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I'm going to turbo it so you can tune either cylinder but then the o2 sensor is after the turbo for overall sampling?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I haven't seen this last post, but yes, I can do that, if I get one in here. Don't get too many SXS's though.
Also, I have a turbo tune now, just for turbos. Simply change the MAP sensor, install larger injectors, & the tuned ecu, and then tune with your favorite fuel controller. It has all the problems taken out, like errors & such. If anyone gets errors they don't want or need, I can take them out, if it's sent back to me.
I would love to see this dyno with clutch locked out from 7500 to 8500rpm to see what power curve looks like

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
You can for sure run the O2 sensors before the turbo. There are O2 setups for doing just that. There is shitloads of power in getting both cyls burning the same, turbo or not. People that say that, have never measured them separately.

·
Registered
884 Posts

Low range limit 8500 RPM
FAN activation at 167°F (75°C)
Engine and air temperature limp limit raised ( limp home at 248°F (120°C) only)
no vehicle speed limit

If this triggers the limp home mode at 248*, what is stock temp for limp home mode?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts