Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Your absolutely right.. I ride it hard and fast in the dunes and the sand sucks power and fuel economy. I have not even taken it to the dirt yet.
You have not seen Maverick fast yet! Following my 686 Rhino through the dunes is a good pace, but when I get a SXS that can actually get out of it's own way - game on!!!!

I would imagine you Maverick duners are seeing speeds in the big bowls at 60 - 65MPH?

By the way MPG on this thing is pretty good if you are getting 100 miles in the dunes and well over that in the dirt.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I had a very good and fast ride in Glamis yesterday, with 5 xp's, 1 Jagged x, my Mav, and 4 Buckshot buggies! Fastest dune ride I've ever been on! I put 61 miles on it, and the fuel light came on at about 55 miles. My Rhino could go 50 miles on a tank in Glamis, full throttle the whole time, but only half the speed of the Mav! So I'm happy with that.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
fuel light comes on with like 3.3 gallons left to !

so 6.7 gallons / 61 miles = 9.10 miles to the gallon duning !

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
thats what the manual says anyways ! ive been meaning to check it to , i just need to burn sum dang gas , lol

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.