Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,691 Posts
Your absolutely right.. I ride it hard and fast in the dunes and the sand sucks power and fuel economy. I have not even taken it to the dirt yet.
You have not seen Maverick fast yet! Following my 686 Rhino through the dunes is a good pace, but when I get a SXS that can actually get out of it's own way - game on!!!!

I would imagine you Maverick duners are seeing speeds in the big bowls at 60 - 65MPH?

By the way MPG on this thing is pretty good if you are getting 100 miles in the dunes and well over that in the dirt.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I had a very good and fast ride in Glamis yesterday, with 5 xp's, 1 Jagged x, my Mav, and 4 Buckshot buggies! Fastest dune ride I've ever been on! I put 61 miles on it, and the fuel light came on at about 55 miles. My Rhino could go 50 miles on a tank in Glamis, full throttle the whole time, but only half the speed of the Mav! So I'm happy with that.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
fuel light comes on with like 3.3 gallons left to !

so 6.7 gallons / 61 miles = 9.10 miles to the gallon duning !

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I kinda thought that it had about 3 gallons left, last time I filled it up it only took 6.5 gallons or so. Am gonna check that when I fill up next.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
thats what the manual says anyways ! ive been meaning to check it to , i just need to burn sum dang gas , lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
I only have 2 runs on mine about 170 miles. High speed mountain riding and hill climbing I'm getting 15 on the dot! My commander averages 17.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I only have 2 runs on mine about 170 miles. High speed mountain riding and hill climbing I'm getting 15 on the dot! My commander averages 17.
We rode 102 miles this weekend. Trash clean up at slow speed, lots of stops and starts, then two bigger hard dune rides and used exactly 11 gallons. 102 / 11 = 9.27.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts