Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering roughly what people are getting miles per gallon = tank ?

thx guys !

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
846 Posts
About 100 miles or 10 mpg depending upon how heavy your foot is

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
U must drive the snot out of yours USA I was closer to 14 mpg with oversized tires

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
U must drive the snot out of yours USA I was closer to 14 mpg with oversized tires
He is riding in sand and duning hills & bowls so it will get way less. I did a 60 mile trip in mostly flat washes and averaged 40 to 50mph and barely used a 1/4 tank. So terrain makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
846 Posts
Your absolutely right.. I ride it hard and fast in the dunes and the sand sucks power and fuel economy. I have not even taken it to the dirt yet.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx guys ,

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Your absolutely right.. I ride it hard and fast in the dunes and the sand sucks power and fuel economy. I have not even taken it to the dirt yet.
X3! Most of my friends are too slow now, so I'm looking forward to some fast dune'in with new friends!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well we should put a date together and do sum mav rides !!!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
well we should put a date together and do sum mav rides !!!
I'm always available. I live 30 minutes from Glamis. And if anyone wants to check out the desert, I can show you all around Superstion. Superstion is 30 minutes closer for people coming from LA or SD.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm always available. I live 30 minutes from Glamis. And if anyone wants to check out the desert, I can show you all around Superstion. Superstion is 30 minutes closer for people coming from LA or SD.
wow 30 minutes away ur damn lucky , u like koa ? salton sea

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Haven't done koa yet. I grew up in Niland, and rode a Honda Fourtrax 250r from 1988-1998! So I know that particular area like the back of my hand! I seriously can't wait to take the Maverick up to Niland and do some high speed runs!!! I mostly ride Superstion now, but, all my friends are just too slow now!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats gotta be fun out there ! well hopefully we will all do a mav run to the dunes soon ! dont 4get your helmet ! ,lol

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
846 Posts
Now you sound like a guy I need to dune with. All of my UTV friends are slow and I lime to push it to the limit always.
Come out and ride with us on MLK weekend, Andrew Buckshot will be leading some rides in his Bullet trying to drop or break everyone behind him...fun ride but could be expensive if you don't drive within your means...lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
232 Posts
Not really paying attention to MPG while in the dunes, but we were averaging 30 mile loops and it was about two loops with a couple trips to the vendors on the tank to the fuel light. About 65-70 miles. So about 10ish MPG.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How the hell did this get away from talking mpg!!!
lol - right !

so it sounds like 10mpg duning and up to 15 trail riding

1 - 20 of 29 Posts