Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody,
Just got my 2013 Maverick Xrs and I am considering the BOSS ATV20 Dual 6.5" 450W ATV/Marine ATV Amplified Speaker System. It is pretty cost efficient at $130 however my concern is the fit. If anybody has tried it out - please let me know.
Cheers

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new toy! I can't comment on the speaker system as I prefer to not run a stereo in my ride. Browse the forums…you will find lots of threads on stereos with tons of good information.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new toy! I can't comment on the speaker system as I prefer to not run a stereo in my ride. Browse the forums…you will find lots of threads on stereos with tons of good information.
Thanks Heavy S,
I appreciate your response - I have a question you might be able to answer. I was experimenting with my bead locks and sure enough one of the bead lock screws snapped:/.
Am I ok to run with one broken screw or is it crucial to have it replaced.
Thanks,

·
Registered
403 Posts
You get what you pay for. Everybody tries to cheap out on stereos, but realize that with something like the one you're talking about - it's probably 10W per channel, at best. With that, you'll be able to listen to it while parked. Once you're moving, the exhaust noise and wind noise will overpower the stereo. Boss Audio extremely exaggerates their numbers. Explain how a 450W amp can be powered from a cigarette lighter cord with 18 gauge wires..... A true 150W amp needs at least 8 gauge power/ground at minimum.

You'll have the normal crowd come in and say their's is soooo great, but their expectations may be different then yours. On stereo's, it's best to just listen to them by yourself, and use your own ears.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks Heavy S,
I appreciate your response - I have a question you might be able to answer. I was experimenting with my bead locks and sure enough one of the bead lock screws snapped:/.
Am I ok to run with one broken screw or is it crucial to have it replaced.
Thanks,
You can run with one of them broken but you need to plan on replacing it as soon as you can because now you are adding extra strain on the surrounding bolts to try and compress the tire bead. So if you let it go too long, you may end up breaking more or end up with a slow leak.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You get what you pay for. Boss Audio extremely exaggerates their numbers. Explain how a 450W amp can be powered from a cigarette lighter cord with 18 gauge wires..... A true 150W amp needs at least 8 gauge power/ground at minimum.
Everything this man says is the truth! And BOSS isn't the only amp manufacturer guilty of putting unobtainable power numbers on their audio products. A good gauge of a products power is if it costs less than $1 per watt then the power numbers are a lie.

For that setup to make 450 watts it would have to pull 31 amps. (450 watts / 14.4 volts = 31.25 amps)

That's never ever going to happen unless it's an extremely short run 14 awg wire can't carry that much current. If you tried to pull 31 amps through it it would melt down the wires.

Not that this amp is in any danger of that if that boss amp pulled more than 2 amps I'd be extremely surprised. 14.4 volts x 2 amps = 28.8 watts

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have the boss atv20 strapped to my roll cage, I didn't have a thousand bucks or heck I didn't have 200 bucks to throw at a stereo. It works great for us. The straps that came with it hold it to the rear of the cage great. We have done it all it the maverick with that thing strap up there n it hasn't moved once image.jpg image.jpg sry if there dark I'm at work n was in a hurry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts