Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone tried this? It looks like it could go back 1.5 inches easy. I am just wondering if anyone has tried it. I'm 6'2 and if its possible to move it back an inch or two would make a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
8,476 Posts
15"???? You would have a tire in you butt then, ouch I guess it would be a great way to wipe those pesky dingle berries.

Sorry I could not resist.

1.5" possibly buy re drilling holes for the slider bracket.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
15"???? You would have a tire in you butt then, ouch I guess it would be a great way to wipe those pesky dingle berries.

Sorry I could not resist.

1.5" possibly buy re drilling holes for the slider bracket.
Hah! Funny, yes I meant 1.5 inches:) I fixed the post, thanks for pointing it out.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The seat latch would hit the seat. You could probably cut the latch down and notch the seat base for the latch.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Depending on how careful you are, you can re-drill and move the slider only about an 1". Other wise the seat interferes with the latch movement. However, you can also tilt the seat back by shimming the front. This also helped me with leg room and makes it more comfortable.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You can move the holes back 1 1/4 inches. I did it to my commander and just got done doing it to my Maverick. I'm 6'4 and it really helps. At 1 1/4 inches it just clears the latch.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can move the holes back 1 1/4 inches. I did it to my commander and just got done doing it to my Maverick. I'm 6'4 and it really helps. At 1 1/4 inches it just clears the latch.
Awesome, thanks. I am on it:)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
does your guys seats seem like the passenger is back further then the driver when u stand at it from the side profile,does the driver seat look like it sticks out further ? or is mine not going all the way back ?

thx

·
Premium Member
8,476 Posts
does your guys seats seem like the passenger is back further then the driver when u stand at it from the side profile,does the driver seat look like it sticks out further ? or is mine not going all the way back ?

thx
mine are the same but the passenger seat is lower than the drivers seat due to the slider on the drivers seat .

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
i just drilled the (4) holes back 1-1/8'' bolted it all back up and it didnt slide back any more ? lol

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just drilled the (4) holes back 1-1/8'' bolted it all back up and it didnt slide back any more ? lol
Was your slider already all the way back? I did this over the weekend and it made a huge difference. I did 1-1/4 and it was perfect.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
it seems like it hits something and wont slide back more , i just drilled the holes unbolted seat slid it back 1'' then rebolted it,

do i need to do something else? thx man !

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Was your slider already all the way back? I did this over the weekend and it made a huge difference. I did 1-1/4 and it was perfect.
So you guys are setting the slider all the way back,then removing it from the tube frame and drilling the holes 1 1/4"back on the square tubing?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
to get to all the bolts u need to slide it around anyways , so u can set it back to how ever after bolts r in , but i would think just unbolt slide back 1'' rebolt would work , but maybe i did something wrong ? idk , lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
figured it out there is a blocker plate that u need to cut a inch out about to let the seat slide back

i tilted the seat back by lifting the front and moved it back 1.25'' feels awesome !!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
View attachment 382 View attachment 383 View attachment 384 View attachment 385 View attachment 386 View attachment 387

Here is how I did it- I need to finish it up but it gives me a call much more room and reclines more- plus it doesn't move everywhere
Excellent, Thanks for the Pics. I see exactly what you did. I was looking at it this weekend trying to figure out how to deal with the seat latch in the back. I really wish Can-Am would have made a stronger seat setup.

Thanks again

·
Registered
128 Posts
pulled my seat out last night in order to do a few mods only problem i see is at 285lbs removing part of the support webbing on the bend in the frame might compromise rigidity a tad, thought about putting once inch square tube iin there so i can at least move the seat back one inch but thats a lot of hassle to not cure the problem in trying to cure!

might try mounting another seat in there later tonight and see how that looks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts