Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Hey professor, thanks for putting in the work...the photos are of great help! Waiting to hear about how to purchase the straps?
He said he got them online "You can get custom straps online pretty cheap from a place like strapworks.com" or maybe amazon etc....

·
Registered
64 Posts
3 gallon Roto behind passenger seat, secured with 2 HD cinch straps hooked to seat back. With car standing straight up Rotopax doesn't leak ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks. You can get custom straps online pretty cheap from a place like strapworks.com as the RotoPax cans don't come with anything. The brackets are painted aluminum L channel from HomeDespot (2" for sides, 1" along the front) held down with 1/4x20 carriage bolts (rounded side down) and nylon locknuts.

Simple to install: cut L stock, drill mounting holes in L stock, place rotopax and brackets and use holes as guide to drill through skid plate. 6' strap loops around and under side brackets.

Next time I have the seats out I will try the lower position to see if it clears everything. If you unbolted the rear seat bolts you could tilt (rotate) the seat forward on its front bolts. This might even allow you to use a real RotoPax mount bolted to the skid plate instead of the L brackets. I wanted to be able to get mine out fast for cleaning, etc.
Just ordered an XRC...trying to visualize how you have access to tighten nylock...do you remove the skid plate partially to have access underneath (this is all new to me since I had a Razor before)

·
Official Site Vendor
5,450 Posts
Try the Giant Loop Gas Bags. They are on sale right now from Pro UTV Parts.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Just ordered an XRC...trying to visualize how you have access to tighten nylock...do you remove the skid plate partially to have access underneath (this is all new to me since I had a Razor before)
Nylock's is inside on top of L-brackets where they are easy to get to. Carriage bolts (smooth round heads) come up through the skid plate and L-bracket. The Rotopax sit directly on the skid plate. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Your not worried about it leaking and becoming a fireball?
I think I would be just as worried with it under the seat, if it leaks it would flow down the skid plate to the engine only then you're sitting on a bomb

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
I think I would be just as worried with it under the seat, if it leaks it would flow down the skid plate to the engine only then you're sitting on a bomb
I agree with that point as well. I have not found an acceptable place to carry extra gas yet. My rig gets about 120 mile to a tank so I have never been on a drive where there was not gas along the way, but there are drivers I want to do but every place you mount gas it seems to be an issue.
I think inside the roll cage is my next idea??

I've seen some roof mounts that look safe as any place.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts