Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you guys mounting rotopax and extra fuel? Let's see some pics. I need some ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
A few folks have built some tanks that go under the seats. Barring that, I would slide a rotopax under the seat. There doesn't seem to be any other way to carry gas that doesn't put it in a position to spill either onto the engine or onto the passengers, neither of which is a fun idea.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Just unbuckle and they slide out under the bar. No need to remove or adjust seat to get them out. White is water, red is gas, and they also sell storage and first aid versions in this 2Gal size.

brackit.jpg seats out.jpg Gas.jpg water.jpg

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Sorry, I haven't but I don't think it will work as the lower seat rollers look like they would hit when you lifted the Rotopax to slide it out over the lip of the front floor. Would be very close.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Okay. If it clears on the low setting (when/if you try) and I have to remove the seat to get fuel out, that is far better than walking. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Great idea, where did you get them? Did they come with the straps?
Thanks. You can get custom straps online pretty cheap from a place like strapworks.com as the RotoPax cans don't come with anything. The brackets are painted aluminum L channel from HomeDespot (2" for sides, 1" along the front) held down with 1/4x20 carriage bolts (rounded side down) and nylon locknuts.

Simple to install: cut L stock, drill mounting holes in L stock, place rotopax and brackets and use holes as guide to drill through skid plate. 6' strap loops around and under side brackets.

Okay. If it clears on the low setting (when/if you try) and I have to remove the seat to get fuel out, that is far better than walking. Thank you.
Next time I have the seats out I will try the lower position to see if it clears everything. If you unbolted the rear seat bolts you could tilt (rotate) the seat forward on its front bolts. This might even allow you to use a real RotoPax mount bolted to the skid plate instead of the L brackets. I wanted to be able to get mine out fast for cleaning, etc.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I'm guessing that the bottom seat rollers are going to hit that rotopax if you put the seat in the lower position. Maybe not in the front but definitely back by the rear post.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts

Why not just run them longways like I do. Then Velcro strap them to the bar. No need to add other rails and I'm positive they will work in the lower position too. I Carey gas under the other seat.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I did pretty much the same a MN Mav for my tool/storage rotopax to get the heavy stuff out of the rear box. I just use cheap Velcro straps off Amazon. I didn't do it like GloverXRS as I wanted the box flat on the skid plate and didn't like the way I tried stuck out beyond the front bar as it was in the way with the grandkids feet. Cheapest place I have found Rotopax is Quadratec.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I filled a two gallon Rotopax and put it under the seat (high position); it was a BITCH to remove after it swelled up.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
I've been wanting one of those storage containers to go with my long 5 gallon fuel pack. Are they water tight?
No the black storage containers are not water tight. If you added a gasket you may be able to make it water tight

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That looks pretty awesome under the seat! Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
3 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts