Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have installed a Motoalliance snow plow, when the snow is gone and you remove the plow, are you leaving the mounting plate on the machine or removing it?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Leave it on to much of a pain to take that off.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just worried I will bend the brackets that hang down for the the pins to go through. I already ripped my skid plate off down to the underbelly so I know I scrape along there a lot. Blacktop man, when you bent yours, did it bend easily?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
I would say yes not sure how it happened but it took drivers side post where pin go through and bent it down about a inch. I removed it clamped it to a work table I put a crescent wrench and bent it back very easy .to fix it I took flat stock and welded it across front and bck of posts and welded braces back to the bend in the mount .if you were to catch a rock going at any speed I think it would bend

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I also have the Motoalliance plow and will be taking mine off for the summer. I have the same concern about the tabs that are used to attached the plow. I wish Motoalliance would have designed the mounting plate to be more easily removed in the off season. It wouldn't take too much more effort to do even if I had to pay a little more to have the ability to remove faster and easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts