Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having issues trying to decide what turbo to use for a home built kit. Canamxteam uses te04h, but want some other options. Also where are you guys tapping for oil supply and where are you draining it back to? I want to start aquiring parts. What would be the best size tubing for the exhaust pipes?

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
I used the oil pressure sensor port for the oil feed and for oil return I ran into the stator cover center hole that has a plastic screw

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was also recommended a Gt2554. Is the 2252 considerably smaller?

·
Registered
157 Posts
The turbine side is the same, compressor inducer/exducer is 2mm bigger but they are pretty close to the same. The 2554 in garrets catalog shows a flange on the compressor outlet witch is going to add to fab time and cost vs just a silicone coupler on the 2252. I would bet you would be hard pressed to tell much difference between the two. The flow numbers are similar but the 2252 has a higher pressure ratio for higher boost. The 2554 is a ball bearing vs a journal bearing on the 2252

Edit: Oopps guess the turbine is a little larger on the 2554 but the AR is smaller.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Our shop XP has a 6258EFR on it and we LOVE it!!! gamma-Ti wheel turn very easy... for some reason I thought the 6255 wasn't available.

Nate
Alba Racing
I see some sites list it as discontinued but I've seen it available on other sites. How is the spool with that 6258?? Is the motor highly modfied in your RZR? Seems like the specs on the 6255 will make more then enough power....

·
Vendor
224 Posts
I see some sites list it as discontinued but I've seen it available on other sites. How is the spool with that 6258?? Is the motor highly modfied in your RZR? Seems like the specs on the 6255 will make more then enough power....

What spool time???

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Good lord...that has so much power it looks like it's right on the edge of losing complete control. How much beefing up otherwise did you have to do? I can't imagine the drive train is terribly thrilled with all that power. It isn't stock one would guess?

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Good lord...that has so much power it looks like it's right on the edge of losing complete control. How much beefing up otherwise did you have to do? I can't imagine the drive train is terribly thrilled with all that power. It isn't stock one would guess?
Stock Polaris Transmission and Polaris Belt. We do have a STM Rage 8 clutch set on it and the front diff is removed. It is kinda scary at times. With the Comp cut full #2 paddles it likes to steer with the rear tires... Motor is a 975cc Billet big bore with Carrillo rods and an Alba Stage 4 head package with +1mm valves. I am really hoping we can get it to hold 28psi this season as we have finally worked out a lot of the bugs...

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Sounds to me like a lot of wrenching could be required "getting the bugs out". I hate those damn pesky bugs.
But you will definately be the first one there, where ever there is.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nate how much boost you guys running now? A guy around here has a 900 with a GT2860 it took a few for him to get on top of the turbo the boost came on a little slow. You guys have more CC's though and probably way better heads but how does the boost come up on that one off the line it's kinda hard to tell by the video, how many rpm does that motor turn?

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Nate how much boost you guys running now? A guy around here has a 900 with a GT2860 it took a few for him to get on top of the turbo the boost came on a little slow. You guys have more CC's though and probably way better heads but how does the boost come up on that one off the line it's kinda hard to tell by the video, how many rpm does that motor turn?
The EFR builds boost almost to easily. We find ourselves cruising and seeing positive pressure. GT2860 is a "Disco Potato" I believe. We ran it on our SR20 powered 240z for a while, but are changing to the EFR on it as well. The Gamma-ti wheel makes boost about as quickly as we want it to. Current rev limiter is set at 9250, but if we wanted to can spin the motor up to 10,000. I think the last we drove the car we were trying to get the clutch dialed for 24psi.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The EFR builds boost almost to easily. We find ourselves cruising and seeing positive pressure. GT2860 is a "Disco Potato" I believe. We ran it on our SR20 powered 240z for a while, but are changing to the EFR on it as well. The Gamma-ti wheel makes boost about as quickly as we want it to. Current rev limiter is set at 9250, but if we wanted to can spin the motor up to 10,000. I think the last we drove the car we were trying to get the clutch dialed for 24psi.

Nate
Alba Racing
Do you think the EFR 6258 is too big for the Maverick? I plan on lower comp pistons and thats it for engine mods. KMS said that hes running 30psi on a Maverick with only pistons put in the engine. Stock rods and crank..

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Do you think the EFR 6258 is too big for the Maverick? I plan on lower comp pistons and thats it for engine mods. KMS said that hes running 30psi on a Maverick with only pistons put in the engine. Stock rods and crank..
Hard for me to say as I have not turbo'd a Maverick and am not sure how they respond.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
150 Posts
I know Steve Hittle running the Gorrilla Axle Maverick has a stock motor running 15psi on his race maverick, with a completely stock motor. Oh he's spraying too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know Steve Hittle running the Gorrilla Axle Maverick has a stock motor running 15psi on his race maverick, with a completely stock motor. Oh he's spraying too.
Completely stock as in stock pistons too? Race fuel? Details! Lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts