Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can am off road on facebook is giving away a maverick........ Says you must be a Dune rider..... Put a deposit down just a few minutes ago on a XP!!!!!!:big smile:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Damnit, Bama, you gotta big ole' bug stuck in your teeth up there, smilin like a turd eatin possum
Waiting to see what happens by spring or early summer, then I might do something..........

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Im with you bama. Ive now pretty much figured I will get either an xp or whatever popo comes out with next. I figure if can am was ignorant enough to put the pos visco lok in them they were probably ignorant enough to not fix the other issues that plagued the commander.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
What's a power steering xp. 18500 $? plus for 18500 you don't even get good shocks just shitty comp only adjustable shocks. No bead lock wheels The worst engine braking of any sxs horrible seats and a arm bushings that wear out in 300miles The xp doesn't have any
Down falls good luck

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
18500? No, and why are you saying ps? The maverick doesnt have it so comparing the price wouldnt be fair. I can get a new xp in the 14's, havent heard to much complaints about the engine braking on the xp. You can have the shocks upgraded with rebound if you want for not too much from fox. Dont care about beadlocks, I will give you the seats suck and the cockpit is cramped but atleast the 4x4 system is worth a damn. Dont get me wrong, I like the maverick but the visco is a deal breaker with what I will be doing. Im not spending 18k only to turn around and spend over 1k on the visco qe. It should already be there, no excuses.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's a power steering xp. 18500 $? plus for 18500 you don't even get good shocks just shitty comp only adjustable shocks. No bead lock wheels The worst engine braking of any sxs horrible seats and a arm bushings that wear out in 300miles The xp doesn't have any
Down falls good luck
no picking it up 16,500 otd with power steering. Sure the 900 has it downfalls . But the canam just didn't work for me.Plus no dealer within an hour and a half. I think the mav will be a greatmachine in certain riding conditions just not mine.....

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm glad they stepped up and built a true sport machine. Sure I am a little disappointed they didn't get it quite perfect but I think it will still be a great machine. Probably next year they will include ps &/or qe diff. It is the first model year so they will have room for improvement and only steps up the bar for all the other manufacturers - maybe next year Can Am will come out with a mudder version like they did with their quad line up & all the mud divers will be happy too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hmm got an idea

Lets take
the AWD / steering radius and CVT from a XP
suspension / frame from a wildcat
and Rotax / fit & finish from Maverick

add in Power steering

and viola you still would have a SXS people would bitch about - lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
hmm got an idea

Lets take
the AWD / steering radius and CVT from a XP
suspension / frame from a wildcat
and Rotax / fit & finish from Maverick

add in Power steering

and viola you still would have a SXS people would bitch about - lol
You my friend are right on the money

·
Registered
91 Posts
If the factory beadlocks on the Mavrick are like the ones that come on the Renegades they are a POS anyway. That was the first thing I did to my 2012 Renegade was to pull the junky wheels off and put my OMFs on. The factory wheels are WEAK!

·
Registered
62 Posts
no picking it up 16,500 otd with power steering. Sure the 900 has it downfalls . But the canam just didn't work for me.Plus no dealer within an hour and a half. I think the mav will be a greatmachine in certain riding conditions just not mine.....
I'm pretty sure I saw you post on the RZRforum that you got a voodoo blue, so that is a left over 2012. I don't disagree that right now if you want power steering the XP is a better deal, but you cant compare the msrp of a unit that isn't even released yet, to a deal you got on last years model.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts