Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from facebook

***The base ecu value is $1300, however, it is kitted with a fuel controller for user interface and tuning.

Ecu kit with replacement ecu and Fuel Monster tuner is $1700 cad.

for advanced uses,
Ecu kit with replacement ecu and advanced fuel tuner for turbos, nitrous, injector changes, ethonal etc is $1900 cad.
Ecu kit as above with full timing control, triggered retarding control and user adjustable rev limiter control is $2175 cad.

Dual autotune kit for any of the above is $320 cad.***

Monster Products :: The Masters of Off Road Fuel Injections

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Will it interface with the stock instrument cluster?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Holy Crap Batman!!! I can't believe they will sell a shit load at that price!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
well....look at it this way....if you can realize 10hp at the wheels with this than it isn't any different than a set of aftermarket clutches.....Yes, I wish it weas much cheaper as well but am not surprised...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
well....look at it this way....if you can realize 10hp at the wheels with this than it isn't any different than a set of aftermarket clutches.....Yes, I wish it weas much cheaper as well but am not surprised...
I will need to see the proof it can give that much hp improvement. First guinea pig step right up and claim your moment cuz it wont be me.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I will need to see the proof it can give that much hp improvement. First guinea pig step right up and claim your moment cuz it wont be me.
Same here!!! Just like a turbo....I would love to have one but I am not going to be the guy to go thru all of the growing pains and lessons learned to get there......I will patiently sit back and wait to see how this goes.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I should have another mav here tomorrow to test on, since mine's blowed up. I've had this ecu for over a week, waiting on someones machine to try it on.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I should have another mav here tomorrow to test on, since mine's blowed up. I've had this ecu for over a week, waiting on someones machine to try it on.
Does your lab rat have to sign a waiver releasing you from liability if something goes wrong?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
haha....well you sure know how to inspire confidence :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I ordered mine a few weeks ago. This is my third ECU/Tune Monster setup from Steve I have purchased.

First was on a 09' Renegade 800r with the Gen 1 Tune Monster

Second was last year on a 12' Outlander 1000XT with the Gen 2 Tune Monster

Now with the ECU for my 13' XRS... For me its not all about HP gained, its more of a bonus. Between adjusting Rev Limit, Speed Limit, Thermostat for fan, No Timing Pulled, Better Throttle Response, It comes down to the tuning for me.

My machine is completely stock as of right now besides my AudioFormz roof; however, I have a Full Muzzy Exhaust and QSC Primary/STM Secondary sitting in a box so I could install It all at once. I change up and run different tires/rims, play with clutching and run at different elevations from sea level to 3500 sometimes. If I want to run my machine to its fullest with the best available/accurate tune, I CAN DO IT... I do not have to depend on a tuner who might charge 150-300 to tune it for me everytime I change something up. Just my two cents though.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I haven't hooked it up yet, but will in the morn, my customer just showed up, dropping his machine off tonite.
The throttle should be 1:1, not sure if you can adjust it or not, without a firmware update, but either way, we can hold it til she blows with this setup, if we so desire.

Kinda unknown how this motor will respond to the different tuning, since it has different intake, and exhaust to deal with. We can change to a Commander style intake, if we need to, and maybe cut up a quad exhaust, if it helps. We'll just hafta try stuff, see what it wants.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I haven't hooked it up yet, but will in the morn, my customer just showed up, dropping his machine off tonite.
The throttle should be 1:1, not sure if you can adjust it or not, without a firmware update, but either way, we can hold it til she blows with this setup, if we so desire.

Kinda unknown how this motor will respond to the different tuning, since it has different intake, and exhaust to deal with. We can change to a Commander style intake, if we need to, and maybe cut up a quad exhaust, if it helps. We'll just hafta try stuff, see what it wants.
Looking forward to seeing the results and thanks for doing all of this work to help us squeeze out some power.

·
Registered
177 Posts
any update?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts