Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I officially will be starting the mods on the Mav trying to match the performance on the commander without getting into the motor. I got my large 60 mm TB today and will be adding it to the Mav tomorrow when I pick it up from DynoJet. DynoJet has solved the fuel problem by creating a PC5 for the Mav which will allow me to mod the Mav without having fuel issues. I will take off the plenum and verify that intake runners into the head does not have any restrictions. If they do then I might replace the entire intake with the same one that is on my commander. The intake on my commander will work on the Mav but I would prefer to keep it close to stock as possible if I can get the same power. The first part will be tested this weekend in Glamis with GlamisFan's stock Mav.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Cool! Take some video of you two dragging. Another request. I haven't seen very many videos of the Mav jumping and going through some deep woops at speed. i know thats alot to request but it would be cool if you could give some feed back. My Maverick isn't in yet so I'm chomping at the bit!! Thanks Matt

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Hope it's easier to get where u want in the Mav than it was with your commander, good luck

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I wanted to take off the intake plenum to check out if there are any restrictions myself, but it looks like a pita! It's gotta take hours and hours to take it all apart and put it back together again. Take some pictures of everything, please.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
We should be getting some good info after this weekend's testing!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Hey USA, did Dynojet use the PC5 for the commander on the Mav or did they change it completely? I was reading in the other post that they were using the same part # thats for the commander but was curious if they actually did any changes to it. I was getting ready to sell my PC5 & dual autotune set up but if they will work I will hang onto them for later use. Thanks

Ok I officially will be starting the mods on the Mav trying to match the performance on the commander without getting into the motor. I got my large 60 mm TB today and will be adding it to the Mav tomorrow when I pick it up from DynoJet. DynoJet has solved the fuel problem by creating a PC5 for the Mav which will allow me to mod the Mav without having fuel issues. I will take off the plenum and verify that intake runners into the head does not have any restrictions. If they do then I might replace the entire intake with the same one that is on my commander. The intake on my commander will work on the Mav but I would prefer to keep it close to stock as possible if I can get the same power. The first part will be tested this weekend in Glamis with GlamisFan's stock Mav.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey USA, did Dynojet use the PC5 for the commander on the Mav or did they change it completely? I was reading in the other post that they were using the same part # thats for the commander but was curious if they actually did any changes to it. I was getting ready to sell my PC5 & dual autotune set up but if they will work I will hang onto them for later use. Thanks
I will ask the engineer tomorrow when I pick the units up. They did say that the Pc5 along with the autotune was installed on my Maverick so they must of just re-used the part number from the commander cause I can't see them developing a new product so quickly. I will double check tomorrow.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Cool! Take some video of you two dragging. Another request. I haven't seen very many videos of the Mav jumping and going through some deep woops at speed. i know thats alot to request but it would be cool if you could give some feed back. My Maverick isn't in yet so I'm chomping at the bit!! Thanks Matt

I have some good video of me plowing the whoops. I will put it up tonight if I have time.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I wanted to take off the intake plenum to check out if there are any restrictions myself, but it looks like a pita! It's gotta take hours and hours to take it all apart and put it back together again. Take some pictures of everything, please.
its actually pretty easy if you remove the glove box, which is only a couple of bolts pull it out that will then allow you to take out the large piece of plastic down by the passengers left knee area! then you can easily reach the t.b. and all the sensors are a snap, cuz you have opened up such a large workspace..........

·
Registered
487 Posts
match the commander performance?? thought the mav outrun your commander??

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
its actually pretty easy if you remove the glove box, which is only a couple of bolts pull it out that will then allow you to take out the large piece of plastic down by the passengers left knee area! then you can easily reach the t.b. and all the sensors are a snap, cuz you have opened up such a large workspace..........
Ahh! Good info, thanks!

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
58tb.jpg
match the commander performance?? thought the mav outrun your commander??
Like I said before the commander had fuel issues. The guys at DynoJet fixed the fuel map and got it running like it suppose to run.

Here is the new larger 58 mm Throttle body

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I was under the impression that the tb was a 60mm, is that the tb out of your Mav?

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was under the impression that the tb was a 60mm, is that the tb out of your Mav?
The Mav is going to use a 58 mm for this test and the 60 mm is in my commander. A stock motor commander could only use up to a 56 with no benefit in acceleration over the stock 54 if you went larger. Maybe the Mav motor and intake system can use a 60 mm but first the engineer wants to try a 58. Maybe the limitations are not in the motor but the intake? Maybe Brp has other types of restrictions in the Mav that we are not familar with? Until some form of testing is completed we will not know. The testing this weekend is only about the Mav not the commander and the Mav. Glamisfan I will call you today and let you know where we will be camped at.

·
Registered
120 Posts
so you can machine these out to 60mm?? I do have a machine shop... can u post a better pic of the inside??

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so you can machine these out to 60mm?? I do have a machine shop... can u post a better pic of the inside??
This is a 54 mm BRP TB modified to a 58 mm but it isn't done by any machine shop. Our TBs can't be modified by any machine shop or performance shop. Your ECU will recognize the imperfections and send an error code. Muzzy tried for over year before giving up. Other performance shops tried as well and all failed. I even wasted 500 dollars trusting a performance shop who said they could modified the TB before I was put in touch with this TB expert. The guys that does the TB mod for my commander and now the Mav does only throttle bodies and is 1 of only 3 guys anywhere who does this and does it correctly. He doesn't work for the public just race teams and a selective few performance shops. He will be in Glamis with us to see how this test works. Now lets see if it works on the Mav.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts