Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I actually like the stock cage look and I wanted to use the Can-am OEM Alum roof so I decided to beef my cage up. Here are some pics. I'm sending the cage and the roof out to get powder coated this week. I am doing them both in Matte Black. My buddy Darin at Prowlers in Santa Clarita did the cage.

WP_20130202_009.jpg WP_20130202_015.jpg WP_20130202_012.jpg WP_20130202_016.jpg

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
looks good i did same thing !

·
Registered
568 Posts
That looks good too, and gives more vision, but the cages I've seen bent tend to do it rite below the last bend in the front and it shears the bolts that make the cage a two piece. I welded mine solid

·
Registered
568 Posts
That's good advice to weld it up where it bolts together. I'll have to do that. Thanks
No problem. I learn a lot from your post and pics as well as others. I bent a wheel over a month ago so we tore mine apart and are doing a lot of the mods and fixes I've read on here while I wait for new one.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Nice cages, I was thinking about doing a aftermarket cage but decided not to go with a certain vendor due to some words being said to another vendor on another forum. But I may do some welding and bracing to my factory cage or wait on another cage to hit the market.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Nice cages, I was thinking about doing a aftermarket cage but decided not to go with a certain vendor due to some words being said to another vendor on another forum. But I may do some welding and bracing to my factory cage or wait on another cage to hit the market.
words said dont affect your cage design and quality. Some people get carried away with the b.s drama on forums, i try to stay out of that shit and just enjoy the sport.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts