Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has modified there helmet to be able to accept the hose for a fresh air system like a parker pumper. I've gone through last season out in the california deserts and kinda wish my head would stay cooler in the helmet. Right now my two helmets that I use are normal(nothing fancy) full face street bike helmets.

I realize I could spend another $500 on new helmets but was really hoping there was another way without degrading the strength of the helmet itself.

Thanks Kevin

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I think Megadesertdiesel has one on his Mav???

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
i use a pre plumbed Pyrotect racinmg helmet. I am sure you could modify a helmet, not sure where you would buy the hose adapter though. Just be warned the noise from the fan is quite annoying at low speeds, but at high speeds the engine noise drowns it out. I have not used my rugged radio with the pumper yet but hear it can interfear with transmitting a clear voice.

I have a feeling i will be going back to a mx helmet and goggles this season.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I use a Simpson pit helmet and it is smaller, much lighter and has a lot of vents so your head stays much cooler than any other helmet. I've tried using a mx helmet and its not even close to the Simpson helmet. I just installed my radio speakers from my radio and it works perfect.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
No problem. I've beer running a pumper system for six years now and I love it! Speedway also sells a pumper. It's the one I've been using. It's the same as what Parker sells. I don't think its loud at all. Mega has one that's based on a boat bilge, and he's says its loud, so I'd stay away from that style.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No problem. I've beer running a pumper system for six years now and I love it! Speedway also sells a pumper. It's the one I've been using. It's the same as what Parker sells. I don't think its loud at all. Mega has one that's based on a boat bilge, and he's says its loud, so I'd stay away from that style.
if I want the passenger to have fresh air as well do I need two pumpers or would one be enough air with a splitter on it?

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
if I want the passenger to have fresh air as well do I need two pumpers or would one be enough air with a splitter on it?
CFM rating on the fan is what you need to pay attention to. i would say 60-80 CFM per helmet would be plenty.

Mine is 120CFM and its like standing on a nude beach with a 20mph wind blowing on your boys, a little too much airflow but damn it feels good!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Parker Pumper sells a two person model, that's the one I would suggest. The last time I checked it was around $175. Which is cheaper than buying the ones that I have at 99 dollars a piece.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts