Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planing a trip to Moab in Oct. I'm looking for suggestions on campgrounds that you can ride to trails from. I know the KOA says you can but not sure. Thanks for any advise

·
Registered
2017 Can-am Maverick 1000r DPS
131 Posts
Planing a trip to Moab in Oct. I'm looking for suggestions on campgrounds that you can ride to trails from. I know the KOA says you can but not sure. Thanks for any advise
You can ride from any campground as long as you are street legal (blinkers, horn, etc.). We usually stay at the Moab Rim cg. But last time we boondocked at Ken's Lake. Less traffic on the south end of town.

·
Registered
Triple Black Smart Shox
3 Posts
You can ride from any campground as long as you are street legal (blinkers, horn, etc.). We usually stay at the Moab Rim cg. But last time we boondocked at Ken's Lake. Less traffic on the south end of town.
You also will need a license plate I believe, so depending on where you're from it can involve some hauling. Kings Bottom campground was pretty sweet, right on the river in the valley and moab rim trail is walking distance away, plus the end of the road takes you to tons more trails

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. We are street legal with AZ plates so we should not have to trailer.

·
Premium Member
7,991 Posts
Just be respectful in town on the roads, keep speeds and sound to a minimum. Thats exhaust and stereo noise. Have fun

·
Registered
14 Posts
We went there a couple years ago and didn't have our toyhauler with us, just our jeep on a trailer. We had a reservation at a state campground I think but we found there was no shade at all, it was over 100, tons of ants and bugs and about a 30 mile drive into town to refill the constantly melted ice in the ice chests. We bailed and found a nice inexpensive motel in Moab and stayed there for a couple days instead. Don't know what the moral of the story is just an experience to share.

·
Registered
2021 RR MAX w/ shox
161 Posts
Was there last week. Bought my OHV permit, stayed at a local hotel, and drove the X3 from there all over the place without issues. Drove up the highway to the Rim 12 miles away, passed a few cops, had no issues. Kept it 50 mph (65mph speed limit) and they didn’t even look my direction. No plates, no mirrors, no blinkers (used hand signals and Texas doesn’t issue us plates).. So much easier than Colorado and Wyoming.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts