Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you going to be in Glamis MLK weekend? If so, we will be off of Gecko. Stop by and do a dune ride with some commanders and Maverick owners. Most rides are fast hitting all the typical sites but we do have some moderate rides depending upon whether the slower UTV owners lead...lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Most likely going to Gordons Well but we may do the ride over to Glamis. just not sure yet.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope to be out there!
I have your info and will txt you the details when the guys all get recovered from this Trip and decide exactly what PAD we are going to setup at. All of you are welcome to ride and/or camp with our group. PM me your contact number and will setup a Mav/Commander ride to all of the big spots (China Wall, Olds, Flag Pole, Drags...etc)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I plan to be out there that weekend as well. We are going to participate in the dune cleanup event, but there is still plenty of time to ride.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan to be out there that weekend as well. We are going to participate in the dune cleanup event, but there is still plenty of time to ride.
Pm me your info and I will txt you the pad we decide upon. Please come by and join us for a ride. Some guys want to hunt down XPs at Olds and the drags like they use to do the commander others want to ride and dune. In the end we will have some good riding and hopefully few issues.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone want to meet at Glamis on the 12th of this month to test different TB configurations on their Maverick? We will be testing a 58 and 60 mm TB and running the stock car (yours) against the modified TB car (mine) to verify acceleration improvement. When the testing is complete I will get you a TB for your car. We will video the results and share with the forum if you like. The engineer that developed the larger TB will be out there with us.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Does anyone want to meet at Glamis on the 12th of this month to test different TB configurations on their Maverick? We will be testing a 58 and 60 mm TB and running the stock car (yours) against the modified TB car (mine) to verify acceleration improvement. When the testing is complete I will get you a TB for your car. We will video the results and share with the forum if you like. The engineer that developed the larger TB will be out there with us.
I can prolly do that. I live 30 minutes from Glamis. You'll have to run the stock tires so be sure and bring them.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
This is definately something I will be interested in seeing the results. If my truck gets out of the shop I would be all over this deal.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I called it first :p
Dang dude, you really do need to be first ALL the time...huh? just kiddin
keep me posted on this because I believe this bigger TB is where most of the add HP will come from.
Worked wonders on the Teryx's.

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
Couldn't leave it stock! lol! My guess is we will be camping at pad 1 or 1.5 for MLK weekend (the pad near the end of the drags).

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Couldn't leave it stock! lol! My guess is we will be camping at pad 1 or 1.5 for MLK weekend (the pad near the end of the drags).
Stock sucks!!! Just bolton for me. I just had Jason at Weller Racing finish designing the new air intake replacement for the Maverick. Next week I will get a 60 MM TB and that will complete the air intake modifications for this thing. Who ever PMs me for a firm committment we will do the acceleration/performance testing at Glamis on Sat. I do know that the built in 02 sensors do adjust for fuel after a few runs. This is good news cause it means we don't need a fuel prg at this time.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Stock sucks!!! Just bolton for me. I just had Jason at Weller Racing finish designing the new air intake replacement for the Maverick. Next week I will get a 60 MM TB and that will complete the air intake modifications for this thing. Who ever PMs me for a firm committment we will do the acceleration/performance testing at Glamis on Sat. I do know that the built in 02 sensors do adjust for fuel after a few runs. This is good news cause it means we don't need a fuel prg at this time.
I thought it should, since I had been told by Can-am that it has a self adjusting tuner so it always runs at the optimum ratio. I am anxious to see what improvement it deliver's with a 60mm TB and a removed Cat. 10 -15 more Hp and this will be stupid fast.

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
Stock it is stupid fast. These mods should make it accelerate like crazy.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I guess we will see soon. I can't get a exhaust manifold and the CAT removed until after MLK. Right now I'm just focus on getting the intake and TB installed, configured, and tested.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts