Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if there is supposed to be a Lateral Skid Plate right under the driver seat towards the outside . I have a small rectangular one on the very outside under the passenger seat that is riveted on, however across under the drivers seat I have nothing almost looks like it is missing. I went onto the parts diagram not there for 2013 however for 2014 looks like the have one on both sides now.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I have a 2013 Maverick Xrs built in March 2013 and mine has the Lateral skid plates on driver and passenger side. Both pieces are completely riveted on.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have a 2013 Maverick Xrs built in March 2013 and mine has the Lateral skid plates on driver and passenger side. Both pieces are completely riveted on.
Really? Mine 2013 doesn't have a lateral skidplate under the driver side.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I will take a picture for you guys. I just happen to have my interior panels off finishing the 10 hour service.

I know the forum rule. No picture. It never happen or exists right? :)

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I don't have one either , lets call can am and tell them , lol

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The stocker is good for nothing anyway. Do yourself a favor and get a real skidplate. The engine, gas tank, transmission, and both diffs are right on the bottom of the machine. Protect them.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I knew it Nice dealer either took mine off during a repair or never was put on at factory.
There is no reason that I can see to ever remove those lateral panels for repair. Those panels are not in the way of anything unless you actually have frame damage.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
The factory UTV skid plate is nice. I got the A-arm guards from them. I haven't purchase the main skid plate yet. The cost to ship it to my residence is expensive. I'm gonna wait to see if my factory skid plate gets damage. If it does then I will probably buy the Factory UTV plate.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Trust me, I know the shipping is insane. I paid dearly too but im so so glad I got it. I have hit and slid over so much stuff that was laying in the trail. Thing is it may be that first time that costs you a huge repair bill.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Mine looks the same as MiMav -

IMG_0278.jpg IMG_0279.jpg IMG_0280.jpg

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
This is true. A while back, I was actually looking for another Michigan buyer because I got a good price from CT Racing but the shipping cost was expensive but if you get 2 sets of skid plates then the shipping only goes up another $10 or so.

If I actually get frame damage then that's what insurance is for so I can buy a 2014 model. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts