Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I hate to see people go through this crazy process with misfire code/limp like I did.
Don't feel it's a plug issue... but when in there clean the threads in the head from anti seize as well. (wrap a terry rag around a screwdriver soaked in break cleaner and twist around several times)
The DESS Key (slow key) chip signals the ECU to the tune for less fuel and mph limiter. Not sure the performance key/ECU is your issue however I wouldn't completely discard it, more probable if you had a different tune installed. I would look more into the intake system, ie: manifold, wastegate, actuator, solenoid etc...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Hey DB, I haven't had a chance to do anything else since the last update. Life, you know. Anyway, I hope to do the plugs this weekend as they came in. Then the test drive around the block. I'll keep you posted for sure!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey DB, I haven't had a chance to do anything else since the last update. Life, you know. Anyway, I hope to do the plugs this weekend as they came in. Then the test drive around the block. I'll keep you posted for sure!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Roger that!! Make sure to triple check the gap to 20!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Hey everyone, quick update....
So I put in the new Brisk plugs, gapped to .020, and drove around the block. At this time, it did not throw any codes, but unfortunately, that has happened before. I can only drive around my block a couple of times before someone gets upset and calls the HOA, so the true test will be out in the desert. I won't be able to get out for about a month from now, so I won't have any updates until then, but I sure will keep my fingers crossed! I will update when I have more info!

·
Registered
271 Posts
If it would help I will swing by with my small trailer and drag that car to the desert for you! Just leave me both keys.

I am here to help!

Dwayne

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey everyone, quick update....
So I put in the new Brisk plugs, gapped to .020, and drove around the block. At this time, it did not throw any codes, but unfortunately, that has happened before. I can only drive around my block a couple of times before someone gets upset and calls the HOA, so the true test will be out in the desert. I won't be able to get out for about a month from now, so I won't have any updates until then, but I sure will keep my fingers crossed! I will update when I have more info!
You should be good homie. Keep us posted when you get to open her up!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Hey everyone - another update. So I was able to get out and do a desert trip for the day and I was able to run with the Performance key! It still seemed to have a bit of lag at WOT over 60mph, but I will take it as I have been limited to no more than 45mph with the Regular key for a while now. I guess either the plugs did the trick or I knocked something around enough doing all this stuff to get it to run. So very strange to me! Anyway, if things change, I will update again, but for now, it looks like the mystery has been solved. Thanks, everyone for your input and assistance! Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey everyone - another update. So I was able to get out and do a desert trip for the day and I was able to run with the Performance key! It still seemed to have a bit of lag at WOT over 60mph, but I will take it as I have been limited to no more than 45mph with the Regular key for a while now. I guess either the plugs did the trick or I knocked something around enough doing all this stuff to get it to run. So very strange to me! Anyway, if things change, I will update again, but for now, it looks like the mystery has been solved. Thanks, everyone for your input and assistance! Happy Holidays!
Plugs erretime lol. Make sure all of your boost tubes are tight to ensure you are not loosing boost pressure. I would go over everything that was removed during the trouble shooting process and make sure all are tight and secure. Run some good gas through her and let her eat.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts