Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
look very closely at the harness coil connector they have very small wires and can easily break or come loose from the pins

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any advice on maverick x3 XMR
Has been on dealer 10times and problem still
Replace spark plugs 3 times
2nd fuel pump because that found water in the gas but I never get the car on high water
Replace clutch and belt
Front harnes check all plugs and some sensors but car run fine at the beginning and next day miss fire
Last time they don't found any code when I went to pick up the car I rode like 2 miles works ok before I put it on the trailer stop working that what they found that it was the 2nd fuel pump and las nigth I rode the car and pass like 2 1/2 feet of water and rode like 24 miles on trip and all was ok until today before I bring down from the trailer begin the mis fire code p0303 mad it has been doing the same

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
2nd fuel pump because that found water in the gas but I never get the car on high water
Replace clutch and belt
Front harnes check all plugs and some sensors but car run fine at the beginning and next day miss fire
Last time they don't found any code when I went to pick up the car I rode like 2 miles works ok before I put it on the trailer stop working that what they found that it was the 2nd fuel pump and las nigth I rode the car and pass like 2 1/2 feet of water and rode like 24 miles on trip and all was ok until today before I bring down from the trailer begin the mis fire code p0303 mad it has been doing the same
They don’t make a 17 x3 xmr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
get a pv3 and turn off misfire
guaranteed fix

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Replace clutch and belt
Sorry to hear, welcome to the club.
Here you will find a lot of info, links on items to check. Sounds like the dealer is going through the normal BS protocols because they really don't know how to diagnose the issue.
Ask you service manager for the case# and call BRP direct, if they hooked it up to BUDS there will be a record. What area are you located?

·
Registered
2 Posts
After 4,500km without any hiccups I got a check engine light. This happened shorty after refueling... I filled it up with 93 as full as I could possibly get it... I'm thinking this was a bad move as it was a hot day and the underground fuel storage tanks are probably very cold as the ground hasn't completely thawed around here. I thought maybe the gasoline expanded too much and made the pump do weird things?

It happened cruising down the road for a sustained period at 50mph. I pulled over, turned the machine off, tried to retrieve the code but the CEL went off after turning the machine off.
It happened cruising down the road for a sustained period at 50mph. I pulled over, turned the machine off, tried to retrieve the code but the CEL went off after turning the machine off.
5 minutes later I continued on my way and it happened again but this time went to into limp mode. Again I turned the machine off and the problem was gone before I could get the code.
The next day after driving 150km (same tank of gas) the CEL came on and right away I pulled over and retrieved code: O P0302. The CEL cleared after sitting for a couple minutes.
The machine seems to be running fine. Everytime CEL came on was after sustained cruising speed of 50mph at ~5500rpm

Any ideas? Kinked fuel line?
What was your fix for this?

Experiencing exactly the same issue after “filing it up as much as I could”.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Check your belt first , then pull fuel pump and check for water in the gas. It happened to me about 3wks ago. I pulled plugs , coils , ect and then fuel pump and found water in the gas which I had just filled up. Drained the tank and put new gas in after a few miles buggy ran fine. I think there is a fuel filter that still had water in it after it dried out no issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check your belt first , then pull fuel pump and check for water in the gas. It happened to me about 3wks ago. I pulled plugs , coils , ect and then fuel pump and found water in the gas which I had just filled up. Drained the tank and put new gas in after a few miles buggy ran fine. I think there is a fuel filter that still had water in it after it dried out no issues.

Thanks. I’ll try that. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes I just put some dielectric grease on the spark plugs and coil plugs and oxygen sensor plug remuved all fuel and add new and all codes are gone I use the car these weekend and no problem at all

·
Registered
8 Posts
Find a new dealer

The most dealers has a young kids to work on the vehicles but the don't give a **** 3 different dealers all the time leaft bolts loose and problem continue mine it was 13 times a the dealer for miss fire
Replace spark plugs primary clutch
2 fuel pump because they found water when I never flood the car
Some sensors front harness and car after a few hours keep doing the miss fair 003
And they don't want me to work on the car because will void warranty
2 weeks ago car has the same issue I take the snorkel a part clean all and I just add dialectic grease on spark plugs and coil plugs and codes are gone I just the car these week end a pass deep mud and not issues at all

·
Registered
40 Posts
The most dealers has a young kids to work on the vehicles but the don't give a **** 3 different dealers all the time leaft bolts loose and problem continue mine it was 13 times a the dealer for miss fire
Replace spark plugs primary clutch
2 fuel pump because they found water when I never flood the car
Some sensors front harness and car after a few hours keep doing the miss fair 003
And they don't want me to work on the car because will void warranty
2 weeks ago car has the same issue I take the snorkel a part clean all and I just add dialectic grease on spark plugs and coil plugs and codes are gone I just the car these week end a pass deep mud and not issues at all
Are you putting it on the spring/coil that makes contact with the plug, the walls of the coil unit or where the harness plugs into the coil?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Spark plugs and coil plugs
I recently went through similar problems. Check engine lights, codes, misfiring. A long saga... Started with "bad gas". New O2 sensor, spark plugs, fuel pump filter and new O2 sensor relay. Lotsa time at the dealer ($$$), and not fixed.

I installed an AEM aftermarket fuel pump and put dielectric grease on every engine wire harness connector. Problem solved.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts