Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of you peeps have these and seem to like them...….should I get the extended/longer neck one or just the regular ? What works best on utv's ?

Where is the cheapest place to purchase ?

Thanks in advance !

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
I like the regular. Just look for a sale, or possibly Amazon.

·
Registered
256 Posts
eBay if you’re not in so cal. Offer up power sellers have the best prices on this stuff. Be sure you buy just the “fuel” lineup. The extra cost is well spend. Especially when it comes to the ratchets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
I have both, regular and the fuel. Fuel hands down is the only way to go. The regular is more like a 1/4 ratchet and the fuel feels like it’s on steroids. It’s surprising what it will do

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have both, regular and the fuel. Fuel hands down is the only way to go. The regular is more like a 1/4 ratchet and the fuel feels like it’s on steroids. It’s surprising what it will do

definitely the fuel ......they make a long neck and regular size of the same ratchet ......one is just a couple inches longer ....I was wondering if you guys like the extra reach or is it better to get the compact/non longer one ?

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
613 Posts
I too would love to hear from someone with both. I use the regular size all the time. It’s my go to when my 3/8” stubby M12 impact won’t fit.

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
definitely the fuel ......they make a long neck and regular size of the same ratchet ......one is just a couple inches longer ....I was wondering if you guys like the extra reach or is it better to get the compact/non longer one ?
Yeah I know I was just stating don’t screw up and buy the non fuel like I did. I’ve never needed the extra couple inches yet . In most cases it would be in the way. Not trying to hi-jack but I’ve been going back and forth on the regular 3/8” or the stubby . I can’t decide . I know the m12 is powerful but is it smaller enough to loose the extra torque?

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
613 Posts
I have found very few nuts I could bust loose on the X3 with the 3/8” stubby. The only bolts I pick up a bigger impact for are the castle nuts on the axle, 18mm on the post mounts and anything 18mm in size WITH a long extension on. Or where someone got carried away with to much loctite. But this is coming from someone with a tool addiction...

Comparing the ratchet and the stubby are like comparing an apple an orange...which is what money forces us to do. The ratchet is slow compared to the stubby and the ratchet fits places the stubby can’t (like removing the 13mm seat bolts).

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
I’m not comparing a ratchet and a stubby. I already have 2 3/8” ratchet. Only tool I don’t have is a 3/8” impact. I have the 1/2” but it’s huge and more power than what I need majority of the time. It’s more handy on my diesel truck . My question is a full sized 3/8” or a stubby 3/8” m12. All above tools are Milwaukee. I havent looked real hard but I haven’t seen any torque specs for the stubby only full size.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here’s a pic of the two I’m looking at ......I watched several videos on the extended reach ratchet compared to the regular length and it looks like the way to go .....especially if If I’m going to use it on other vehicles besides my utv’s

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I have every tool miluakee makes you both of those are fuel and great I have them in the trailer and at home you just have to decided if you want extended or not for carrying around I carry the shorter one

1 - 14 of 14 Posts