Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that these have been out a while , what is everybody seeing outa a tank of gas. Interested more in trail riders but everybody post up. This is good info for people riding large parks, windrock is close to 72000 acres averaging 10-20 mph. Plus dune riders and desert riders turn a lot miles in a day also. I have a 4 gal tank that mounts on rail behind seats on order but I'd still like some input.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did a search on this and saw where one guy says 10 mpg . With a 10 gal tank that's giving me a range of 100 miles without extra gas. That's pretty good, would still like to hear from some trail riders.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've ran a little of 200 miles of trails since picking up my XRS in June. Most of this ridding has been in low gear. My average is 15.4 mpg. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
actually break in time under 10 hours or dune runs or super hard riding , u will see 10-12.

normal condition u can see up to 18-20 was reported !

I think ive got 140 miles and still had 1/4 tank left

·
Registered
998 Posts
The most I have went is 135 miles on 7 gallons, I was highly impressed to say the least but we was moving 30-40 mph the whole time pretty much

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Just filled up for the first time after the first tank……it only took 5.3 gallons and I put 67 miles on it. Roughly 12.6 MPG…...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
These things go forever on a tank of gas. Ive been really impressed. I actually thought something might be wrong with my gauge but it just lasts forever.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like they do pretty good.... That's Great!!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have been averaging about 15 mph in desert & dune riding

1 - 10 of 10 Posts