Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just throwing this out there to see what you guys think. I was wondering if you guys from Michigan or even surrounding states want to get together may once or twice a year for a ride. I was thinking maybe silver lake or a u.p. ride. Would be cool to get a bunch of us with mavericks together and ride for a weekend. Kinda show off our rides and just hang out. Let me know if we get enough of us then I'll plan something next yr. give me ideas we'll go from there. If this takes off and gets going maybe we can eventually get some shirts, hats or decals made up. I know some guys with razors do this. Hey anybody can come even you guys out west if you want a change of scenery. Let me know what you think.

Chris H. :smile:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool ya I think it will be a good time for sure. Let's see if anybody else is interested and ill plan it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My brother in law and I both have Max's, were always up north at our place in Frederic. Were always up for a ride. Were in armada.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sounds good to me. I'm up for anyplace.
Cholber1 how did Saturdays ride go out of kalkaska? I had to work, sorry I didn't make it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I didn't make it had to cancel at last minute. Had issue here at home. Casper- I'm in imlay city so your not far at all from me. Sounds like we'll have a good turn out so far I throw out some dates and we'll see how it goes. It's a long way off so we can refine it as we go.

Chris H

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you guys wouldn't mind a Minnesota guy I would come with a Mav and a Commander. :)

I was in Seney last year and had a blast....except for the Commander breaking a tie rod and an axle and my RZR catching on fire. :)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you guys wouldn't mind a Minnesota guy I would come with a Mav and a Commander. :)

I was in Seney last year and had a blast....except for the Commander breaking a tie rod and an axle and my RZR catching on fire. :)
Heck ya more the merrier.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool looks like we're going to have a good turnout

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm thinking May of 2014 not sure which weekend. Most likely won't be memorial weekend cause most family's have plans that weekend. Not only that it won't be real hot at that time of year also. Plus holiday weekends are busy. I'm kinda thinking silver lake. Personally I've never been there idk what do you guys think? I was thinking we could grill food for lunch. As far a sleeping situations that's up to you guys. I don't camp so my wife's idea of ruffing it is the hilton so It will be hotel for us. We can meet there in the am and ride then meet up for lunch then ride till they boot us or whatever. Think of a Saturday. Let me know what you think. I'm open to all kinds of ideas.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'd be interested in a UP ride. traveled many miles in the UP on a snowmobile; it would be cool to retrace in a Maverick

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's the other place I was thinking was the u.p. we'll have to see what the consensus is and go from there. I snowmobile the u.p. also and would love to ride there in the summer. Shoot maybe if everyone is up for it we'll do two rides one in the u.p. and one like at silver lake or something.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would be down for both! I just bought an XRS and live in IRA Township just north of New Baltimore. Just rode up in Grayling and Houghton lake 2 weekends ago and had a blast. Let me know, it would be great to meet some more people with side by sides.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cool ya im not far from you either there are a few of us in the area that have mavericks. A little later in the yr ill get a head count and do all the logistics and well get the rides planned.

·
Registered
32 Posts
ill be at silverlake sand dunes memorial weekend with my maverick, im up there every year anyways. This will be my first time up with my new maverick!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would be in for sure! New guy here, picking up my X this weekend! I can't wait to get up to the UP with the maverick! Not really looking forward to Silver Lake. Every time I have been there I had to go to the hospital afterword (always on MX bikes) So I am kind of gun shy about the silver trip. But what the heck I would probably go. Baldwin on the other hand is were I will be breaking in my X this Saturday if anyone may be interested?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts