Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
They claim 40% better bead retention over standard wheels. The side of the bead is a little taller and has the inside ridges as mentioned. Discount Tire almost gave up on mine. They take more muscle to install paddles on because of the higher bead edge.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ratchet strap around the circumference of the tire. It will squish the center and make the sides bow out enough to get the bead to touch the rim. As soon as it starts to hold air take the strap off.
That's how I set mine; however, I recommend deflating prior to removing the strap. I almost broke a finger that way! :eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ive been running them at Glamis now for a few trips,. I have run them from 7 to 12lbs PSI cold there working great! I am curently on the 409s with 5+2 up front and a 5+5 in the rear. There is a new model the 410 comin in about 2 weeks with a 6+4 rear offset and 4+3 or 5+2 for the fronts that i am eager to test. the 409s are a reverse mount wheel. the 410 and 411s that are coming will be a standard mount. the weights are nice ( the 409 is 15lbs and 17Lbs) The new wheels are about a pound lighter per wheel, and the load ratings are even better. they are load rated at 1600lbs on all for them, Method is known for there great wheels View attachment 249218
View attachment 249218
Do you think they would match the color stock X3 plastics? The XRS platinum or what ever they call it.

When you mentioned the rear wheel spacing for the other wheels is the 6" to the inside or outside?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I meant, is the steel gray close to the color of the platinum plastic on the XRS? Not a big deal, just curious. I'm using Sandcraft tires and they recommend 8" fronts but would the 4+3 work ok? Getting the offset inboard is a plus when fitting it into my trailer. Waiting for the new 410 might be worth it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Steel grey is more on the b ronze/ brown side, In the 409 we do a 5+5, 4+4, 4+3 and 5+2. The 7" wheel will work great. I have run the 4+4 but perfer the 5+2 in the front. it has lees feedback in the steering. it is wide enough and provides plenty for the tire. what width tire are you getting from Sandcraft ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
They are the 12.5 x15, wider version. If the 409 is more bronze I would go with the black ones. How did you get the info on the new 410 wheels? I did a quick search and didn't come up with any details other than a picture. No weights of dimensions.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Any new news in these? Thinking about a set of the 410s
Unsettled though as we have a lot of tree roots on the sand trails we bounce around off of...
Method Bead Grip2.JPG
Method Bead Grip1.JPG

·
Registered
195 Posts
I very recently bought 409s and only have one good ride on them. But I bought them because they are DOT approved and lighter than beadlocks. Full disclosure compels me to say I was really after the 401 wheels. I am impressed with the 409s, but I also went with a steel bead tire as opposed to nylon to help with the bead locking . I will keep you all posted on performance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just picked up a set of 411s 15 x 7 with 5+2 offset. Had been looking for some new wheels for awhile to get rid of the stock wheels. Was a little skeptical of the Beadgrip. Looked up where Method Headquarters and found they are 2 blocks from my house. Went there and spoke to a rep and they brought out a the two colors, black and titanium. Went with the black for my X3. They swear by these Beadgrip rims saying all their testing and can't knock off the bead. Ordered a set of Tensor Regulators 32" tires to go on the 411s but they are on back order. Hoping they get in this week. Can't wait to get these on my ride and testing them out. I am sure it will be a big difference from the stock wheels and tires.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im using the Method 409 with beadgrip & Sand crafts. Have a few days on them. Love them so far. The off set is not ass wide as my last set and had Sand Sports. Way less unwanted feed back in steering. Dose not want to yank steering wheel out of my hands. I think difference is with offset and tires.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a set of these with 32-inch Tensors that I bought from our forum sponsor Discount Tire, sitting in my garage, because I need to get my Fox "race" suspension tune done first before I can mount them. :mad: They struck me as a good balance between regular rims and true beadlocks. I'm a HUGE Method wheels fan, my '17 Jeep Rubicon is sitting on a set with 35 KO2s...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts