Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the new Method bead lock wheels? I'm trying to decide between these and DWT Sector bead locks. These will be for my dune tires, both in 15". So far I've only used true bead lock wheels for sand tires in the past but these are at a very attractive price, about half the cost of the Sector's. Fast duning only, I'm not a hill shooter. This color should look good on my X3 as it has a similar color in the plastics.
MR409_Steel_Grey_Shadow_WEB_2048x__72525.1557158844.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
I haven’t ran them personally. Trying to decide the same right now. These are heavier than DWT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Nice wheel, but not much ligheter than a beadlock wheel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found references for the weights, same as the sector which is pretty light. 15 lbs for the 10". Around $100 less per wheel too. I talked to Sandcraft and they said no need for bead locks with their tires as they should be at 12 psi. I'd have to get the tires mounted at a shop with the Method's where I could do it myself with bead locks. Not a bid deal.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
I am looking at these or just the DWT ultimate sport non beadlock

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
I found references for the weights, same as the sector which is pretty light. 15 lbs for the 10". Around $100 less per wheel too. I talked to Sandcraft and they said no need for bead locks with their tires as they should be at 12 psi. I'd have to get the tires mounted at a shop with the Method's where I could do it myself with bead locks. Not a bid deal.
Actually mounting the tires is not bad. Some tire irons from Harbor Freight gets the job done. The pain in the ass part is getting the tires inflated to get them to set the beads unless you have a really good strong air compressor.

Taking it to a tire shop does save a lot of time.

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
Actually mounting the tires is not bad. Some tire irons from Harbor Freight gets the job done. The pain in the ass part is getting the tires inflated to get them to set the beads unless you have a really good strong air compressor.

I hear using starter fluid and a match works well too.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Ratchet strap around the circumference of the tire. It will squish the center and make the sides bow out enough to get the bead to touch the rim. As soon as it starts to hold air take the strap off.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Ratchet strap around the circumference of the tire. It will squish the center and make the sides bow out enough to get the bead to touch the rim. As soon as it starts to hold air take the strap off.
That is what I did and it was still a pain in the ass with my paddle tires.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ive been running them at Glamis now for a few trips,. I have run them from 7 to 12lbs PSI cold there working great! I am curently on the 409s with 5+2 up front and a 5+5 in the rear. There is a new model the 410 comin in about 2 weeks with a 6+4 rear offset and 4+3 or 5+2 for the fronts that i am eager to test. the 409s are a reverse mount wheel. the 410 and 411s that are coming will be a standard mount. the weights are nice ( the 409 is 15lbs and 17Lbs) The new wheels are about a pound lighter per wheel, and the load ratings are even better. they are load rated at 1600lbs on all for them, Method is known for there great wheels
Braaap Glamis.jpg

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Ive been running them at Glamis now for a few trips,. I have run them from 7 to 12lbs PSI cold there working great! I am curently on the 409s with 5+2 up front and a 5+5 in the rear. There is a new model the 410 comin in about 2 weeks with a 6+4 rear offset and 4+3 or 5+2 for the fronts that i am eager to test. the 409s are a reverse mount wheel. the 410 and 411s that are coming will be a standard mount. the weights are nice ( the 409 is 15lbs and 17Lbs) The new wheels are about a pound lighter per wheel, and the load ratings are even better. they are load rated at 1600lbs on all for them, Method is known for there great wheels View attachment 249218
View attachment 249218
When is Method going offer these wheels in a 6" wide 5+1 offset?

·
Banned
66 Posts
I do like the Methods. I would say see a set in person. That stock photo isnt very close to the real color in person IMO

Its a lot closer in goodtimes photos

·
Banned
66 Posts
Yep, it has some type of ridges that grip the tire from the inside lip of the wheel. Pretty good thinking from Method, IMO.
I havent done any research but be interesting to see how they have tested and proven any improvement over non "bead grip"

or is it just a marketing hoax

·
Premium Member
9,981 Posts
I havent done any research but be interesting to see how they have tested and proven any improvement over non "bead grip"

or is it just a marketing hoax
I don't think it's a marketing hoax, Method probably did some type of testing, what I don't know. I look at it like they sell beadlocks, and their beadlocks sell well. So they must be going after consumers that want that type of wheel security without the hassle of constantly checking torques, and what not.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts