Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the oil last week, and everything was fine. Took it to Glamis, and this is what it looked like after a couple of g outs. I used some very large washers and some sheet metal screws to shore it up. I usually get some scrap aluminum plate from a local shop and make my own. The entire bottom of the Maverick is already all bashed up from rock crawling in Superstion.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Now I understand why you wanted to get started building the FIBERSKINZ skid plates.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Mine goes into Factory UTV Tuesday to get fitted with their UHMW skids. I had them on my Commander, they are tough as hell & cant hardly even tell I rock crawled with them.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I guess I need to get busy designing.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Just refers to the type of material the skid is made from. Plastic basically.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Slippery plastic. Ultra High Molecular Weight. Supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Definitely UHMW over aluminum, a lot less friction over rocks and logs. What I'm going to do is get a sheet of 3/8 or 1/2" UHMW, pop off my old skids, trace them on the new UHMW and just cut them out with a jig saw and a hole saw. Find a buddy that needs skids too and split the cost of a sheet. Or maybe i'll get crazy and cut them out on my CNC router.

·
Registered
448 Posts
You would think Canam would pverlap the skids just a bit to stop that from happening. I know I have had to do that on my sandcars to stop this very thing from happening. I would think with that bent down like that transitions in the dunes would be "different"....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here is my friends after hitting a hard G-Out in the bottom of the Super Bowl at Sand Mt, NV. Made a real nice lounger for working on the tan.
20130405_112442.jpg
20130405_112522.jpg

1 - 20 of 39 Posts