Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
I plan on being there and two buddies with me each with a car. Tim

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
It was certainly my pleasure to meet everyone who attended the ride yesterday (yes, even you Tim). We were back at the trucks around 3pm and able to get out of there before it got really hot. The area we rode has lots of other trails so hopefully in the fall when it cools off again we can meet there and explore some of the other areas.

·
Premium Member
1,998 Posts
Thx Jd , we had a good time !

It was nice meeting everyone.

We had a coyote run across the wash in front of us and boy was he fast he had jeans and a white shirt on. Sorry no pic for proof you just have to believe me ! Lol 😆

I only took one pic this time , have to do better next time.

·
Premium Member
1,998 Posts
Overall not bad , fun and fast good dirt but very dusty. Would be a blast after a good rain and a couple of fast guys. Mostly flat little ups and downs in and out of washes..
Corners can sneak up on you quick with quick little zig zag type corners.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Feedback from several of the participants said they liked the trail. That area has lots of potential for very long rides but requires a BMGR permit and a closed range on the weekends to access some of the trails. There is some Indian Reservation land in the area that you need to steer clear of as they are not friendly to UTVs on the res. Overall BMGR range security guys are fine to deal with as long as you did the online permit, which is free and takes no time at all. For the most part it is flat, although there are a few ridges you will cross during the ride, no big deal. Maybe some of the guys will chime in with their thoughts as well.

Yes, unfortunately the ride was not without some mechanical casualties. One of the drivers was in a RZR and ripped a brake line, requiring some quick attention followed by a trip into Gila Bend for brake fluid. He and his group opted to take the highway back to the staging area instead of taking the trail. Some of the tow vehicles were rather close together and required them to all go back together so the RXR owner could get loaded and out. One driver did end up on his lid but we were able to turn it back over, clean up the carnage, and continue on. Not sure what caused the incident but fortunately no one was hurt, except for a little pride and parts. Maybe he will post his feedback as well. The trail has some tight technical sections which likely contributed to the mishap.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
BMGR = Barry Manilow Gunnery Range

Reactions: Tmesic

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
One driver did end up on his lid but we were able to turn it back over, clean up the carnage, and continue on. Not sure what caused the incident but fortunately no one was hurt, except for a little pride and parts. Maybe he will post his feedback as well. The trail has some tight technical sections which likely contributed to the mishap.
After talking to Chris and examining the scene of the accident, 👀, it appeared that his approach to the 90* left turn was too fast, so he slammed on the brakes and skidded up to the turn, then tried to turn anyway. As he turned, the inside or left tires lifted and instead of trying to correct or counter steer, he rode it out and ended up on the roof. The car was lightly damaged but totally drivable.
Chris said that the pace was a bit much for him and he pushed a little too hard. Fortunately no one was injured. His mistake could have happened to any of us.

As said above, there are many sudden surprise turns, which keep you on your toes.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts