Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Melted a nylon strap and a microfiber on my stainless muffler.... any one have ideas how to get it off? I’ve tried easy off

·
Registered
2021 X3 Max XRS Turbo RR
8 Posts
Fine steel wool with some soapy water will get it out. Just make sure you go up and down not side to side so you match the "grain" of the steel.

·
Registered
814 Posts
It’s going to be exhausting work for sure :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Use the fine grit mail file in your murse to remove it. Or be a man and run the piss out of the car until me the exhaust glows red and burns off the schmootz.
Hahahaha a murse. 380 Glamis miles this past week and still didn’t burn off.

·
Registered
74 Posts
could try oven cleaner (the good stuff that strips anodizing off - easy off yellow cap i believe ) to soak the area and little labor

·
Registered
141 Posts
Steel wool works best on stainless. Once you get it cleaned off keep it maintained with red scotch-brite

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
This is a first for me. I've never heard of anyone anal enough to polish their muffler. Lmao

Might wanna pull the head off and polish the tops of the pistons too. Lol

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
This is a first for me. I've never heard of anyone anal enough to polish their muffler. Lmao

Might wanna pull the head off and polish the tops of the pistons too. Lol
You never see banshees at the sand drags?

I’d spend a day on each pipe, then rip it 3 times and it’s discolored. Till the next trip where I’d polish them again. Kept me in the garage away from my soon to be ex. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You never see banshees at the sand drags?

I’d spend a day on each pipe, then rip it 3 times and it’s discolored. Till the next trip where I’d polish them again. Kept me in the garage away from my soon to be ex. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man I miss the banshee days. I polished those also. My t5s

1 - 19 of 19 Posts