Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to start building a front bumper since i bought it. I finally had a little time this evening and started building one.

My goal is to have it not stick out in front of the tires, have room for a 10" Rigid SR light, and be strong enough to be pulled from when the clutch belt or bolt breaks.

I used 1" .120 wall hrew tubing.

here is the start. lower tubing across frame rails and upper mounts and horizontal bar. I plan on trimming the ends of the horizontal bar a little shorter.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Are you going to fab a skid plate? If so I think it will look good, if not the 1" is a bit smaller than I would go with personally. JMHO
The line / placement is perfect.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Hey Mike you could put a Tow Hook on the bottom of it. LOL.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I admire anyone making their own stuff, thats how i do it and it makes it one of a kind, keep up the good work!

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was lazy last night and did nothing on the bumper. I will work on it Friday. I love working 4-10's. I have a 3 day weekend every week.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did some work on the bumper today. Still need to ad an aluminum plate on the lower part and dimple die it. Its made for a Rigid 10" SR light.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
idk why but i think bigger tubing would look good

i know u like to be different , lol

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i didnt like all of the dimple die holes so i made another plate and added the bullet ends. Now i need to pick up some plastic caps to cover the frame ends and send it off to powdercoat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts