Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Didn’t I see an earlier post with a picture of your X3 in a 1000 pieces? Sounds like a Perfect opportunity :) unlike you some of us always end up with extra hardware left over after putting it back together.... definitely not mega approved!

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
Great find. Doesn't mention what grade the hardware is, you'd "assume" quality since the guy increased to the proper shoulder length (another BRP [lack of] quality engineering).
I'll shoot the guy an email tomorrow to inquire. $200 seems reasonable.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Nice find Mega!

When I was building sand cars I would use aircraft bolts from Aircraft Spruce. https://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/ha/bolts.html

I always made sure the suspension and steering assembly bolts were shouldered all the way across the bushing they were going through.

Really not a bad price considering the time it takes to put a kit like that together....there are a lot of nuts and bolts!

·
Premium Member
6,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn’t I see an earlier post with a picture of your X3 in a 1000 pieces? Sounds like a Perfect opportunity :) unlike you some of us always end up with extra hardware left over after putting it back together.... definitely not mega approved!
my car was back together for 30 minutes last weekend just to turn it around in the garage and start on the front end rebuild. lol. Bad thing is all my bolts are custom due to the Lonestar Racing weld on gusset kit. I have already made new correct bolts for my car, plus some extras. As stated it takes a lot of time to find the correct length bolts, cut them down and package them up. This kit is a great idea in MEGA opinion.

·
Premium Member
6,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice find Mega!

When I was building sand cars I would use aircraft bolts from Aircraft Spruce. https://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/ha/bolts.html

I always made sure the suspension and steering assembly bolts were shouldered all the way across the bushing they were going through.

Really not a bad price considering the time it takes to put a kit like that together....there are a lot of nuts and bolts!
never heard of that place ill compare them to my local fastenall and Mcmastercarr next time I need hardware. thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Agreed, you have a fine tuned ability to go through a vehicle both identifying potential points of failure and innovative solutions to them simultaneously and your attention to detail, fabrication skills & automotive ability put most to shame and are only equaled by your lack of tolerance for dumb questions :) The vast majority of others wouldn’t notice that the shoulders on the bolts are incorrect. Seriously, Thank you for continuing to set the bar and helping the rest of us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,463 Posts
Agreed, you have a fine tuned ability to go through a vehicle both identifying potential points of failure and innovative solutions to them simultaneously and your attention to detail, fabrication skills & automotive ability put most to shame and are only equaled by your lack of tolerance for dumb questions :) The vast majority of others wouldn’t notice that the shoulders on the bolts are incorrect. Seriously, Thank you for continuing to set the bar and helping the rest of us!

You forgot about his unsurpassed gayness, Can't forget that one!

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Off topic but have you seen a Chevy pull below?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bXFHgoon7lg&feature=youtu.be

Talk about Gayness, you cant get any gayer than an electric truck!!!!!!!! lets tow my 5th wheel to Oregon and back on an electric truck. O lets stop every 100 miles for 5 hours while it charges. This must be a Democrat special for the upcoming election years? Only Ford could screw up a truck like this. :big smile:

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Talk about Gayness, you cant get any gayer than an electric truck!!!!!!!! lets tow my 5th wheel to Oregon and back on an electric truck. O lets stop every 100 miles for 5 hours while it charges. This must be a Democrat special for the upcoming election years? Only Ford could screw up a truck like this. :big smile:
Get use to the concept because electric powered trucks will be here sooner rather than later. Don't hate because Ford makes better trucks. LOL!!

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
Another gay pride parade.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
The only thing I will give props to in that video is the marketing strategy, very well done. But, we all know the more load that is put on a battery, the faster it drains. Yea it has great torque, but it won't last long when put under heavy loads. Hell, most of us here have had to add more battery capacity to our side by sides. Its funny they didn't show just how much that little endeavor drained the battery. Next thing you will see guys putting generators in the truck beds to charge the batteries on the go, sort of defeating the purpose.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts

I think you two should get a room, Tim is getting way too excited.

·
Registered
46 Posts
No need to be a hater :) Lol, The truck isn’t designed for long haul.... but if you really needed to tow 1mil pounds for 1000ft then ford has you covered! Nikola has long haul covered :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts