Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide the measurents between the two pillars just below the start stop button on any 2018 x3 and up models? I'm trying to find stereo head unit to fit in that space and no dealer has stock and my unit is still on order. All help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Trying to fit 6"W × 3"H × 4.5"D

Screenshot_20210504-182457_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
2018 Maverick X3 Max X rs Turbo R
42 Posts
Can anyone provide the measurements between the two pillars just below the start stop button on any 2018 x3 and up models? I'm trying to find stereo head unit to fit in that space and no dealer has stock and my unit is still on order. All help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Trying to fit 6"W × 3"H × 4.5"D

View attachment 268607
I had the same problem but addressed it in a different way. I worked with Extreme Performance to design and fabricate a custom center dash. Their product is wide enough at the top to fit the Rockford Fosgate PMX-8DH unit. I was able to tuck the PMX-8BB unit behind it, mounting it on an aluminum sheet connected to the horizontal cage tube just behind the dash. The Extreme Performance dash is quite nice...but expensive. If you don't want to go that route, there are some options available at UTV Stereo and other sources that allow several choices (PMX, JL Audio, etc.).

Can-Am X3 – UTV Stereo

Here's a rendering of the custom dash I had Extreme Performance build for me. We'll mount our GPS to the B sized Ram Mount located next to the Switch Pros unit.

Reactions: inphinitizeit
1 - 4 of 4 Posts