Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I have owned Can Am outlander Max's and think the world of them. We live in Mexico in the winter and ride a LOT... like 4,000 miles a year. I wanted a Commander x but was too heavy for my RV lift and not as good as a Poo Poo 800 s. So now the Maverick is here,rode one at Firebird Raceway in November and it seems GREAT. My RZR 800s has almost 8,000 miles on it and it is better than I thought it could be (even thogh it needed top end rebuild at 4,000 miles and dealer said they had never seen one go that far????? but still on original belt). So if I buy a Maverick (1) can I haul it in a full size pick up box 1/2 ton... can the front suspension be chinched togather to clear 60" tail gate opening? (2)what about the heat from engine? Commander owners here complain about it. (3) What about the noise? Folks that have ridden in my Poo Poo say that it much quieter than Commanders? (maybe too many Margaritas or Cervesas) I look forward to any and all help.See you all at Rally on the Rocks.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Negative on hauling it in a pickup unless you got a long flat bed. Haven't tried cinching the suspension, probably be easier to let air out of tires. I have only had mine since January so couldn't tell you bout engine heat, suppossed to be less than commander. Can honestly tell you that the stock exhaust is louder that a xp 900 or a cammander's stock exhaust.

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,280 Posts
IF you ride 4000 miles a year, honestly i would not get the first model year of the Maverick. I hate to say that, but if you ride that much out in the middle of Mexico, i would be worried of the hassle when you need parts or warranty repairs.

If you already have a machine and want the power of a Maverick i would wait untill the 2014 model.

I have juack up the front end up of my maverick and ratchet straped it together, it comes in alot but not enough to fit in a truck bed.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I've owned both a Commander X and a Maverick. There is no diff noise in the Mav like the Commander. The exhaust in the Mav is louder than the Commander but it sounds good like a quiet muzzy's on the Commander. I honestly think the heat in the cab will be the same since I see no real changes underneath the engine panels to help insulate the cab but the only time I would notice the heat in the Commander was on slow technical trails. When your moving it was fine. Your not going to fit it in a 1/2ton truck bed for sure without a custom rack & then you will have a white knuckle scary ride with all that weight back there. 1/2ton = 1000lbs, Maverick = 1300lbs+ Your gunna need a trailer. Belt wise - if you can get 4000mi on your RZR, you will probably have no belt issues with the mav. I dont have very many miles on my Mav yet, but the same thing was happening with some of the Commanders when they came out. I had over 2500mi on my Commander belt before I sold it and hammered the $hit out of it from duning, trails & rocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts