Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a set of 30x10x14 Roxxzillas on my 21' X3 DS Turbo R. The unit comes stock with 28" Bighorns. After I put the tires on I noticed that they didn't seem any taller than the stock tires so I took a measurement, with 15lbs of air they're only measuring 28.5". Is that normal? I could understand a half inch off but an inch and half seems like I got ripped off?

·
Registered
391 Posts
The Maxxis site list the diameter of the 30x10x14 is 30.5 inches for a 7 x 14 inch rim, but I would call them and see under what conditions they measure.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I put 30x10-14 Roxxzilla's on my wifes SxS(RZR S1000) last year. Just went and measured because of your post, and see a legit 29.5" height with 10psi, and mounted on the car. An inch an a half short seems like a lot.

How wide are your wheels?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put 30x10-14 Roxxzilla's on my wifes SxS(RZR S1000) last year. Just went and measured because of your post, and see a legit 29.5" height with 10psi, and mounted on the car. An inch an a half short seems like a lot.

How wide are your wheels?
My wheels are 7" wide

·
Official Site Vendor
7,904 Posts
Just get bigger tires if you want taller. Most manufacturers tires are shorter or narrower than the sidewall designation. I don't know how they come up with the designations, but they are almost always wrong.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just get bigger tires if you want taller. Most manufacturers tires are shorter or narrower than the sidewall designation. I don't know how they come up with the designations, but they are almost always wrong.
I ordered 30" tires because I wanted 30" tires lol. "Just get bigger tires" is your advice? 🤣 I spent a lot of money on these tires. You can't be serious?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I ordered 30" tires because I wanted 30" tires lol. "Just get bigger tires" is your advice? 🤣 I spent a lot of money on these tires. You can't be serious?
Chalk it up as a lesson learned. Like said, not all that uncommon. A little research would tell you which brands run small. Yeah it sux but just the name of the game when it comes to UTV tires

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chalk it up as a lesson learned. Like said, not all that uncommon. A little research would tell you which brands run small.
[/QUOT
Chalk it up as a lesson learned. Like said, not all that uncommon. A little research would tell you which brands run small. Yeah it sux but just the name of the game when it comes to UTV tires
Except for the fact that
Except for the fact that "Vagabond" just responded to this post with a pic and a statement saying that his tires (same size) are 29.5" tall on his RZR. The only lesson I've learned from my research on here and online is that most ppl are measuring 29.5" to 30.5" on their 30x10x14 Roxxzillas. So the fact that mine are a hair over 28" is a little odd?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Are you measuring on the car (incorrect) or off the car, against the wall with a straight edge (correct)?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you measuring on the car (incorrect) or off the car, against the wall with a straight edge (correct)?
Both. I actually took them off of the car and filled them to max psi and they're still only 28.5". Also, look at "Vagabond"s post above. He measured his on his car and got 29.5".

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I cant tell anything from Vagabonds pics. Off center pic, tires on car, even see a strap in there. I wouldnt rely on that as a reference

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I agree they should advertise the correct height, wheel width will also have influence.
The most narrow wheel will give maximum height and at 7" should provide correct width for maximum height.

Call Maxxis and see what they say.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I cant tell anything from Vagabonds pics. Off center pic, tires on car, even see a strap in there. I wouldnt rely on that as a reference
I agree they should advertise the correct height, wheel width will also have influence. How wide are your wheels?
The most narrow wheel will give maximum height.

Call Maxxis and see what they say.....
Yeah I'm going to call them. They're 14x7. Their website says they should measure 30.5" on 14x7 rims. Obviously they're not so I'll have to give them a call and see what's going on.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts