Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend Phil chased down a Polaris XP1K that was running up Freeway Hill at Gordons Well on Monday. Look how far of a lead the XP1K4 had and Phil reels him in and passes him at the Top.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
badass !

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
Your buddy was flying up the hill. The Max is clutched really well and they move. Wonder what the Max clutch set up would do in the 2 seater?

On the other hand, the XP14 not clutched so great hence why they are all now getting new belts and helixes from Polaris. Apparently, at Camp RZR they were installing them for XP14 owners.

Reactions: SwerveOffRoad

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Your buddy was flying up the hill. The Max is clutched really well and they move. Wonder what the Max clutch set up would do in the 2 seater?

On the other hand, the XP14 not clutched so great hence why they are all now getting new belts and helixes from Polaris. Apparently, at Camp RZR they were installing them for XP14 owners.
U sound like a used car salesman. ..got an excuse for every thing...yes my clutch was wrong but I can here it now...ur car got 1000 of mods...u got nos...u got motor work...I'm giving u a head start too

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
Lol! If i had NOS you would be so far back at the end of the race you would be in your Rhino!

One little OEM XP1000 with the alleged wrong sand tire set up got called out and served you a big old piece of humble pie. LMAO!

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Lol! If i had NOS you would be so far back at the end of the race you would be in your Rhino!

One little OEM XP1000 with the alleged wrong sand tire set up got called out and served you a big old piece of humble pie. LMAO!
U will have to do more than beat me 1 time when my car was off to serve me pie....dude my balls are bigger than ur lil hands (remember when u stroked them) I can take a punch from a grown man and get bruised but u better watch what is coming ur way the next round...take that to the bank son..u got something coming on mlk

·
Registered
9,361 Posts

Hi USAguy! Can we be friends all this racing has me scared!

See you MLK weekend,

Love,

XP1000

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts

Hi USAguy! Can we be friends all this racing has me scared!

See you MLK weekend,

Love,

XP1000
don't be a pussy...dbest and camshaw don't want anymore competition in that category. ..lol

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Not sure whats going on with the Polaris but haven't really come across any really challenging races from them yet. we have a couple 4 seaters in out group and they don't talk shit any more. and I think with the new Helix that Polaris installs will slow them down some since it will more than likely make them hold the shiftout longer so that will take some top end away and maybe give them good bottom and mid. But we will see.
Racing shit is always Fun and like we used to say street racin was Run what ya brung and Hope you Brought enough.

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
I was wondering what the helix is going to do. Someone posted they were only hitting 7400rpm after it was installed. It seems it will kill the speed.

I know my 2 seater hit 8400rpm when I raced USAguy down the drags and was at 8100 rpm when I went up China Wall.

My bet is there will be a spring change in the clutch too.

The Max seems to have the proper clutching and not eat belts.

·
Registered
9,361 Posts

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was wondering what the helix is going to do. Someone posted they were only hitting 7400rpm after it was installed. It seems it will kill the speed.

I know my 2 seater hit 8400rpm when I raced USAguy down the drags and was at 8100 rpm when I went up China Wall.

My bet is there will be a spring change in the clutch too.

The Max seems to have the proper clutching and not eat belts.
Not sure if they changed the spring at all but they were at Glamis last weekend changing Helix and Belts out. Our Max's are turning 7800 to 7950 range and anything more shuts the throttle plates down. The Maverick clutches are so so . some are better than others, I blew a belt by not cooling the clutches down after a hard fast ride then taking off after a Beer break. But I got 569 miles on it, all at Glamis from day 1 so I guess I cant Bitch to much.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not sure whats going on with the Polaris but haven't really come across any really challenging races from them yet. we have a couple 4 seaters in out group and they don't talk shit any more. and I think with the new Helix that Polaris installs will slow them down some since it will more than likely make them hold the shiftout longer so that will take some top end away and maybe give them good bottom and mid. But we will see.
Racing shit is always Fun and like we used to say street racin was Run what ya brung and Hope you Brought enough.
I'm with you Warlock.. I found myself letting the XPs get a jump on me before getting on it.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Not sure if they changed the spring at all but they were at Glamis last weekend changing Helix and Belts out. Our Max's are turning 7800 to 7950 range and anything more shuts the throttle plates down. The Maverick clutches are so so . some are better than others, I blew a belt by not cooling the clutches down after a hard fast ride then taking off after a Beer break. But I got 569 miles on it, all at Glamis from day 1 so I guess I cant Bitch to much.
Man street racing is the best....u n ur boy line up just go at it....this internet twist makes it even more exciting...I've been racing around the track at willow and even though we are in triple digit speeds and we race for money bragging rights who has the badest ride woman etc...good old fashion light to light is always the best...in the dunes the same rush is there just no jail time when u get busted...lol

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
good news is canam still beats it up stock vs stock. its not what can be done modded, the sky is the limit, its bone stock to bone stock. canam wins

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The funny thing is when some people get on here and say drag racing SXSs is Lame or whatever but Drag racing is Fun no matter what it is. Hell my group of friends will race whatever is laying around. Shit I know when Im am pushing my walker through the old folks home I will have Teflon sliders and I will find some kind of lube to speed it up. Or hop up the Lil Rascal to beat the other Lil Rascals. Just Born that way I guess.

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
So true!

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
The funny thing is when some people get on here and say drag racing SXSs is Lame or whatever but Drag racing is Fun no matter what it is. Hell my group of friends will race whatever is laying around. Shit I know when Im am pushing my walker through the old folks home I will have Teflon sliders and I will find some kind of lube to speed it up. Or hop up the Lil Rascal to beat the other Lil Rascals. Just Born that way I guess.
So lets go find a road and race our trucks...I love to smoke that bullshit ford...gay ass truck

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
So lets go find a road and race our trucks...I love to smoke that bullshit ford...gay ass truck
The only trucks that will race me are the Dodge srt..
Beat them too

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

1 - 20 of 33 Posts