Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if the Max tie rod is beefier than those used on the two seater? Anyone broke or bent a Max tie rod yet?

·
Registered
83 Posts
We did a side by side comparison of the two (2013 maverick and 2014 maverick max) and they're identical pieces of crap.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I broke a rear. also snapped off the axle shaft, bent the rim, caliper, rotor, knuckle,a-arm, front bumper, rear view mirror and a few other things. I may have been the first to write off a max. they just don't roll very well!

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
bahahahaha but he does have slim fit suits available. Website most be a pain in the ass to read though.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
looks like his posts were deleted….

·
Registered
103 Posts
Snapped mine in Ocotillo Wells day before yesterday. Fortunately, it failed less than a mile from camp in an easy place to recover the Max. I'm afraid the CV may have been damaged when the tie rod broke.

IMG_2835.jpg IMG_2836.jpg IMG_2837.jpg IMG_2838.jpg
yes beefier, don't know of any snapping

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Snapped mine in Ocotillo Wells day before yesterday. Fortunately, it failed less than a mile from camp in an easy place to recover the Max. I'm afraid the CV may have been damaged when the tie rod broke.

View attachment 7250 View attachment 7251 View attachment 7252 View attachment 7253
Strange looking clean break. What did you hit? I'm the OP on this thread and I ended up bending one of mine shortly after I started it and replaced both with some from turnkey utv.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Strange looking clean break. What did you hit? I'm the OP on this thread and I ended up bending one of mine shortly after I started it and replaced both with some from turnkey utv.
I honestly have no idea. I had my kids with me all weekend, so I took it pretty easy. At the time of the break, my buddy was taking his kids around the trails that surrounded our camp. He didn't hit anything and never went over 10 MPH. I assume that I bent and weakened the tie rod during our trail ride earlier tat day. Fortunately, it broke at very low speed and in a easily recoverable spot.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey Jeff,

Have the same max as you but with stock tires. Do think the heavier weight of the tires had anything to do with it? I was in ocotillo as well over New Years off pole line, where did you camp and do most of your riding. I put over 100 miles on my max in all terrains that weekend with luckily no issues. Tryin to figure out what caused it for you so I don't do the same somewhere out in truckhaven or the badlands!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey Jeff,

Have the same max as you but with stock tires. Do think the heavier weight of the tires had anything to do with it? I was in ocotillo as well over New Years off pole line, where did you camp and do most of your riding. I put over 100 miles on my max in all terrains that weekend with luckily no issues. Tryin to figure out what caused it for you so I don't do the same somewhere out in truckhaven or the badlands!
Hi Cali,
I was camping over off of County Line Roadand Holmes Rd. We didn't put nearly as many miles on it because I brought my kids (5y/o & 8y/o). We cruised over to the Pumpkin Patch and Gas domes via they marked trails. No cross country stuff (didn't want to beat the kids up). I imagine the tires could be partly to blame but if I had to guess, it was more than likely my hitting the whoops too hard when I was giving a couple buddies a ride. I hammered on it pretty good. I plan to carry a spare with me from now on. It was a bitch to move a few hundered feet to get the trailer to it. If I didn't have couple buddies with me, I don't know how I would have got it to a recovery point.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Check that shock too
You know it took until just this morning for me to see that the spring was making contact with the shock body. I saw your post but wasn't sure what you were referring to. Thank you!! I will mention it to the dealer.
IMG_2837.jpg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts