Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, got a little seat time in the Max over the st two days. Remember I might be a bit biased because I am coming from a Xrs Maverick.

I brought a 12' trailer with a gate to pic it up.If you saw the pictures you see I had to drive the front wheels up on the rail to fit. Had I left the gate off or not purchased the can am rear bumper it would have fit.

First thing I noticed was the power steering felt great. I have only used it on the maxium setting but the fact that it is adjustable &reduces output with speed seemed pretty cool and functional.

Instead of just plain "normal" mode it is now labeled "eco" mode. This surely will make some sandle wearing hippie happy and make Obama smile.

No place under driver seat for an ammo can anymore. Back seats are bolted making belt and clutch access more difficult. Looks like there might be storage under pass. side if you modify or remove cover. The rear armrest pass through thing in the rear is puzzling. Maybe can am has some storage in mind for there. As of now its pretty goofy.

Power is impressive still. However, coming from a Maverick already I could tell it is packing more weight off the line. I'm not impressed with the brakes at all. I feel like I have burnt all the packing coating of them and i'm still not impressed.

I hate to comment on the clutch because I'm no expert. I cant tell a difference in it and the standard Maverick. Me with three other guys loaded in it climbed a pretty good hill, in fwd. I kept it in high, started from a dead stop and the belt heated up quickly, it bucked, smoked & I dropped her in low range and continued on my way.

Im used to running 30"tires so the lack of clearance and extra length had me on edge. An examination of the factory skids proved I wasn't used to the length. I bent the crap out of the large skid, due to the extra length and big void with nothing but the frame rails & flimsy skids.

Im 6'2" and can fit in backseat but without alot of beer I would pass on a long excursion. Heat and noise for the driver and front passenger is about as good as it can get. I would guess the rear seats will get warm like usual.

I'll take some measurements later. Any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Good info! How was the suspension? Did you do any high speed trails, whoops or g-outs to get a feel of it? Typically (in RZR's) the extra length improves the ride.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, the suspension is great & I would say it benefits from a little more wheel base. I didn't really test it on any whoops but hit some decent jumps & it felt good.

I really hate to do it but I'm going to put some 30's on this one also to gain some break-over clearance. Im sure the combo (even though only about 20lbs heavier) will too kill the performance of the suspension.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With both bumpers around 150". Floor to top of cage 76.5"
Doesn't appear to be bolted but skids prevent me from just taking a quick glance.

weight=don't know yet
sticker $20,499 xrs
yes rear only

·
Registered
170 Posts
That is weird... Also effs up the ability to do a bench seat for those with 3 little ones. I guess you could put a jacket I there....? Wait, it looks like it is open on the sides. Wth?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yes, it's open on the sides. Furthermore, it's not even flat.... I wouldn't trust putting anything in there at all. If you did put something in there, it would fly out and be under the seat that's not easily removeable.

·
Registered
214 Posts
What does the sticker on the yellow cover say? Does it give a purpose for the space below that cover or is this just one of those unexplainable things can am likes to do?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Yeah I have 3 kids that sucks. I guess I could have a motorcycle style saddle seat made so my little one could straddle like a bike. lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What does the sticker on the yellow cover say? Does it give a purpose for the space below that cover or is this just one of those unexplainable things can am likes to do?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
It basically says that rear passengers feet should touch floor, wear seatbelts & if you feel uncomfortable ask the operator to stop.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RTB engine is down & behind compartment. Similar to standard mav. cup holder position.

QE was excellent. Even just climbing up on the trailer rail I could tell a difference.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
big question, you said you wentto climb a decent hill in high gear, belt smoked and bucked, you dropped into low and was fine. did you stop the maverick and drop it down or do it on the go.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts