Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much cargo space does the max need to fit in a toy hauler? I am looking for a trailer right now and want to make sure when I buy a max I don't have to buy another toy hauler too.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Then go measure a Max at your dealer. Then look at floor plans to verify how much space you need. The layout will determine how big you need to fit.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be a great idea desertdog except AZ must be the last state to get them. The dealer here doesn't have one yet.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Dealers in Tucson (where Im at) and Phx have had Max's for about 2 weeks.... they need a 14ft garage to really fit using regular tie-downs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm gonna say minimum 14' long if you have big aftermarket bumper possibly more. They aren't any wider than a regular max. I bought a regular travel trailer because if this. I couldn't find a "Nice" toy hauler that would fit a max. When I say nice I mean one that wasn't just a open floor plan....... So ill hook a utility trailer to the back of my camper. Also they are tall. Mine barely fits in my garage and I can fit my F-250 in there....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm gonna say minimum 14' long if you have big aftermarket bumper possibly more. They aren't any wider than a regular max. I bought a regular travel trailer because if this. I couldn't find a "Nice" toy hauler that would fit a max. When I say nice I mean one that wasn't just a open floor plan....... So ill hook a utility trailer to the back of my camper. Also they are tall. Mine barely fits in my garage and I can fit my F-250 in there....

Not sure what you consider "NICE" but I looked at the Raptor 414 and a Fuzion 398 and both had a 14ft garage. VERY nice IMO. My wife brang me back to earth when I told her it was 80k dollars

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's weird! I went to my local dealers around here and MOST all of those big Raptor $80k toy haulers had a 10' cargo area. And yeah. That's a nice one. All I could find around here was something like the MXT and Work-N-Play models. But then there was the height issue.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Still tho at 14' with front and rear bumpers, you will be close. Very right fit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There's a huge camper place I pass on I-10. Camper World? Or something like that? I work in southwest Texas.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It will fit in a 12 ft garage with the front bumper removed. And no rear bumper. Just make sure it actually measures 12ft because some brands will short ya a couple inches and it will not go in.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well that's what I'm saying. I'm not wanting to start pulling the bike apart to fit it in the trailer

·
Registered
69 Posts
There are toyhaulers with 14' garages. My 07' Raptor 3814 has a 14' garage. Crossroads RV makes a couple with 16' garages.

Hard to find but they do exist!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Max fits nicely into my 2012 Fusion with a 14' garage.
It will not back in because of the height of the stock cage but forward is no problem due to the beavertail.
And with three slides and a double door fridge ..... Anybody who thinks these are not nice inside needs a 1/4 Million dollar motor home in their garage instead.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The height was a problem for me 72" to the top stock

1 - 20 of 22 Posts