Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted the Max front brakes on a 2 seater? apparently the Max front brakes are larger...If so was it just a case of swapping rotors and the carrier for the caliper...
Interested in this as a lot of my riding is high speed and long distances on public roads so better brakes would be good.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I 2nd the motion.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
will this mess with the brake bias?

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Doubt it because my rear brakes always lock up before my fronts. The brakes now are the same size front and back. From the guys that I've spoke with the Max front brakes are a big upgrade.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doubt it because my rear brakes always lock up before my fronts. The brakes now are the same size front and back. From the guys that I've spoke with the Max front brakes are a big upgrade.
Thanks for the info, next time I speak to my dealer I will ask him to price up the parts.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks Alex - So do you know exactly which parts are needed to other than the larger rotors obviously...

·
Registered
1 Posts
We've got a customers in right now who did this, he added a proportioning valve to it because in wetter conditions the front was locking up incredibly fast. With that it's a great upgrade

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should just be rotors and calipers. Probably about $400 if I was to guess

Hi Alex are the calipers different on the Max or do they use the same calipers and just a different bracket that holds the caliper to the hub.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but you can't buy the bracket separately from the caliper so I haven't really looked for a difference.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not 100% sure but you can't buy the bracket separately from the caliper so I haven't really looked for a difference.
Thanks, I will have a look at the caliper and bracket on mine this weekend and see if it's possible to make up a bracket to work with the larger diameter discs.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yea, i just looked at the parts manual and they only sell the caliper as a complete unit. List price is $212 per corner and the rotors are $38....

·
Registered
125 Posts
wanting to do this on my commander build. if no one figures it out by the time i am ready to do it i will see what it will take to do new brackets like sonic said.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Im going to try the BRP race brakes on mine in the next couple months and see what happens
We will putting the BRP race brake kit (only avail to BRP team racers at this point) on the front which are 260mm rotors, and using the front Max rotor/caliper set up with an aftermarket master break cyl (with built adjust brake bias) and use use the Max front rotor/caliper (215 mm) on the rear..

Reactions: AReed

·
Registered
125 Posts
mike take a look at the link, i have used one before and it worked really well. made it easy to do all the lines. has dual or single mas cyl inputs and dual front out etc etc. take a look.

Distribution Block - Adjustable - Black

We will putting the BRP race brake kit (only avail to BRP team racers at this point) on the front which are 260mm rotors, and using the front Max rotor/caliper set up with an aftermarket master break cyl (with built adjust brake bias) and use use the Max front rotor/caliper (215 mm) on the rear..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts