Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on ordering an x3 max so I have enough room for my family to go on trail rides. I’m a little nervous because I am not sure if the max is to long for the trails here in Pa. I plan on taking it to AOAA and some state trails in northern PA. Does any one have experience with a max in these areas?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Probably will go with the 64 inch model just because of the width on the trails. I don’t think the 72 will squeeze through the gates.
I don't think I'd want a Max in 64" unless I planned on adding portals and whatnot which inherently widen them out. That's a long machine and I'd want the stability of the 72 even riding the East side of the Country.

·
Registered
426 Posts
72” will fit at all the spots I ride in PA except SSRT, Bloody Skillet and Whiskey Springs. There are ways around the bollards at Lakewood PA and no restrictions at all of the FRO/RAC trails. The max’s length means you will have to make wider turns but all good where I ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 X3 XDS Turbo R
169 Posts
I am planning on ordering an x3 max so I have enough room for my family to go on trail rides. I’m a little nervous because I am not sure if the max is to long for the trails here in Pa. I plan on taking it to AOAA and some state trails in northern PA. Does any one have experience with a max in these areas?

72” will fit at all the spots I ride in PA except SSRT, Bloody Skillet and Whiskey Springs. There are ways around the bollards at Lakewood PA and no restrictions at all of the FRO/RAC trails. The max’s length means you will have to make wider turns but all good where I ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thepcsurgeon and I step on the same dirt All over PA. I have ridden many of the trails he mentioned on ATVs and agree. I also ride from Simpson PA to Hancock NY on another trail he mentioned. As he said, there are ways around.

However, I have ridden those trails on a 48” ATV. I think that feeling you need to go with a 72” machine for stability is like needing a .44 Mag to hunt rabbits. My 64” never leaves me feeling unstable, nor have any of my passengers ever expressed that they were uncomfortable. Mine is a two seater BTW. I have had four different passengers ride with me (separately of course) this season alone. Many have probably felt that I was unstable, not the X3 though. Lol.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Welcome from wherever our truck parks our home for the night
Westlake Dunes City OR

Barbara

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts